- Search Jobs
Choose Your Area Of Interest
Patient Service Representative II - Lung TransplantRequisition # 18001753 Apply Now
As a Patient Service Representative II you will will provide administrative support to the Lung Transplant team. This role requires you to demonstrate initiative, resourcefulness and problem solving skills in applying detailed knowledge of the responsibilities.
Essential duties include but are not limited to:
• answering phone calls from patients, scheduling patient appointments
• receiving and triaging phone calls in a timely manner
• filing, faxing, calling patients to remind them of their appointments
• prepping patient charts for clinic
• gathering clinical reports for doctor/coordinator review
• data collection, database entry, scan records into the database, upload records into CS-Link
• other duties as required or assigned
Must have excellent and clear communication skills (oral and written).
Must be able follow-up on tasks until completed and update the Team.
Basic understanding of medical terminology ideal.
Working knowledge of Microsoft Word/Excel/Outlook required.
Must be comfortable working in a fast pace environment.
• Medical Terminology coursework preferred
• Minimum two (2) years experience in a healthcare, insurance or related experience required.
• Experience in a medical office setting/scheduling of patients.
• Ability to handle multiple tasks frequently with short-time lines, prioritize and organize work, and complete assignments in a timely, accurate manner.
• Problem-solving ability is essential.
• Ability to establish priorities and work independently.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills and medical terminology skills.
• Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills.
• Strong computer skills.
• Physical ability to perform duties as described includes sitting, standing, walking, bending and light lifting.
- Working Title: Patient Service Representative II - Lung Transplant
- Business Entity: Service Lines & Ops
- City: Los Angeles
- Job Category: Administrative
- Job Specialty: Admissions / Registration
- Position Type: Full-time
- Shift Length: 8 hour shift
- Shift Type: Day
Cedars-Sinai is an EEO employer. Cedars-Sinai does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of the race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, ancestry, physical or mental disability, legally protected medical condition (cancer-related or genetic characteristics or any genetic information), marital status, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, age (40 or older), military and/or veteran status or any other basis protected by federal or state law. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at Applicant_Accommodation@cshs.org and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.
Cedars-Sinai will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories, in accordance with the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring.
At Cedars-Sinai, we are dedicated to the safety, health and wellbeing of our patients and employees. This includes protecting our patients from communicable diseases, such as influenza (flu). For this reason, we require that all new employees receive a flu vaccine based on the seasonal availability of flu vaccine (typically during September through March each year) as a condition of employment, and annually thereafter as a condition of continued employment.
About Our Location
Los Angeles, CaliforniaView Map