Patient Service Representative II - Heart Institute Ambulatory - Full-Time (Day Shift)Requisition # 20002829 Apply Now
Do you have a passion for providing the most outstanding level of compassion and high quality administrative and customer service to patients to be able to contribute to their happiness?
Are you seeking for an opportunity to demonstrate your unique interpersonal skills and your high degree of respect for patients, physicians, and colleagues?
If your answer is yes, then we invite you to consider this exciting opportunity. We want to learn more about you!
Cedars-Sinai Medical Center is an organization known nationally for excellence in cancer treatment, research, and education.
The Heart Institute Ambulatory department is seeking for a highly motivated Patient Service Representative II.
In this position, you will support highly respected physicians and clinical staff in the delivery of health care by performing a broad range of administrative and patient-focused tasks to maintain a smooth and efficient office workflow.
What will you be doing in this role?
The Patient Service Representative II (PSR II), following established practices, policies and guidelines, provides clerical and administrative support/duties while handling high volume of patient coordination and complex scheduling in the licensed clinics at Cedars-Sinai Medical Center.
The PSR II is cross-trained to cover multiple providers and is a resource.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities may include:
- Answering incoming telephone calls
- Scheduling and authorization for appointments
- Coordination of procedures/tests and other ancillary services
- Patient check-out and re-scheduling of follow-up appointments
- Training for new PSRs
- Insurance verification functions
- Chart/medical records preparation
- Sorting and deposition of mail and patient information.
This PSR II must function at a high-level and have a thorough understanding of the PSR role. Applies a detailed knowledge of the areas of assigned responsibility, and a general knowledge of the ambulatory/outpatient physician setting and its interrelation with the larger Health System organization. Operating within practices and procedures covered by precedents or well-defined policies and review of end results. Ensures the timely completion of work assignments in accord with established timelines.
- High School Diploma/GED required
- 2 years of experience in a healthcare/medical office setting working with insurance companies and obtaining authorizations required
Additional Qualifications we are looking for:
- Bachelor's Degree preferred
- General understanding of Medical Terminology
- Strong interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills for interacting with patients, payers, physicians and other CSHS customers
- Proficient working knowledge with Microsoft Office Suite
- Ability to balance multiple tasks
- Ability to problem solve/prioritize
- Demonstrated ability to work well as a team player and independently
- Ability to interact effectively with Directors, Managers, internal staff, patients, physicians, and representatives of outside agencies
- English language proficiency. Being bilingual is a plus!
- Working Title: Patient Service Representative II - Heart Institute Ambulatory - Full-Time (Day Shift)
- Department: Heart Institute Ambulatory
- Business Entity: Service Lines & Ops
- City: Los Angeles
- Job Category: Administrative
- Job Specialty: Admissions/Registration
- Position Type: Full-time
- Shift Length: 8 hour shift
- Shift Type: Day
Cedars-Sinai is an EEO employer. Cedars-Sinai does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of the race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, ancestry, physical or mental disability, legally protected medical condition (cancer-related or genetic characteristics or any genetic information), marital status, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, age (40 or older), military and/or veteran status or any other basis protected by federal or state law. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at Applicant_Accommodation@cshs.org and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.
Cedars-Sinai will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories, in accordance with the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring.
At Cedars-Sinai, we are dedicated to the safety, health and wellbeing of our patients and employees. This includes protecting our patients from communicable diseases, such as influenza (flu). For this reason, we require that all new employees receive a flu vaccine based on the seasonal availability of flu vaccine (typically during September through March each year) as a condition of employment, and annually thereafter as a condition of continued employment.
About Our Location
Los Angeles, CaliforniaView Map