- Search Jobs
Choose Your Area Of Interest
Patient Service Representative IRequisition # 29577 Apply Now
This PSR will support the Ambulatory Infusion Center located in the Advanced Health Sciences Pavilion (AHSP)
Education Certifications/Licensure Experience Physical Abilities
* High School(G.E.D.) graduate required. Two (2) years of college preferred.
* Medical Terminology coursework preferred
* Minimum two (2) years experience in a healthcare, insurance or related experience required. Previous work experience in an ambulatory or outpatient setting or physician’s office, preferred.
* Strong interpersonal, written and oral communication skills for interacting with patients, payers, physicians and other CSHS customers.
* Must possess a minimum computer competency comprised of a working knowledge of Windows or a comparable system (specifically including keyboarding and mouse skills). Must additionally posses a working knowledge of basic word processing, E-mail browsers and on-line internet access.
* Knowledge and understanding of the organization, functions, policies and procedures of the outpatient physician clinic, and the relationship with the larger Cedars-Sinai Health System, and the ability to apply the knowledge to the work of the office.
* Experience demonstrating the ability to handle multiple tasks frequently with short time-lines, to prioritize and organize work, and to complete assignments in a timely, accurate manner.
* Ability to interact effectively with Directors, Managers, internal staff, patients, physicians, and representatives of outside agencies.
* Demonstrated ability to work well as a team player and independently.
* English language proficiency. Bi-lingual preferred/helpful.
*Employee must be able to sit in front of a computer approximately 90% of their scheduled day to perform clerical and administrative functions.
- Working Title: Patient Service Representative I
- Business Entity: CSMC - Cedars-Sinai Medical Center
- Cost Center # - Cost Center Name: 0787031 - PROCEDURE CENTER
- City: Los Angeles
- Job Category: Clerical/Administrative
- Job Specialty: Administrative Assistant
- Position Type: Regular-F/T
- Shift Length: 8hr
- Hours: 9:00am - 5:30pm
- Days: Monday - Friday
- Shift Type: Day
- Weekends: None
Cedars-Sinai is an EEO employer. Cedars-Sinai does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of the race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, ancestry, physical or mental disability, legally protected medical condition (cancer-related or genetic characteristics or any genetic information), marital status, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, age (40 or older), military and/or veteran status or any other basis protected by federal or state law. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at Applicant_Accommodation@cshs.org and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.
Cedars-Sinai will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories, in accordance with the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring.
At Cedars-Sinai, we are dedicated to the safety, health and wellbeing of our patients and employees. This includes protecting our patients from communicable diseases, such as influenza (flu). For this reason, we require that all new employees receive a flu vaccine based on the seasonal availability of flu vaccine (typically during September through March each year) as a condition of employment, and annually thereafter as a condition of continued employment.
About Our Location
Los Angeles, CaliforniaView Map