- Search Jobs
Choose Your Area Of Interest
Patient Service Rep IIRequisition # 29275 Apply Now
At Cedars-Sinai, we’re driven by a collective spirit of innovation and the challenge to continuously improve. Above all, we share a passion for helping others. Day after day, from department to department, our people give their all to create a community unlike any other. This is just one of the many reasons U.S. News & World Report has named us one of America’s Best Hospitals—and now we invite you to join us. From working with a team of world-class professionals to using state-of-the-art facilities, you’ll have everything you need to do something incredible—for yourself, and for others.
Summary of Essential Job Duties:
The Patient Service Representative II (PSR II), following established practices, policies, and guidelines, provides clerical and administrative support/duties in the licensed clinics at Cedars Sinai Medical Center.
These duties may include:
- answering incoming telephone calls, scheduling and authorizing appointments and medication pre authorizations, surgeries and ancillary services
- patient check out and rescheduling follow up appointments
- insurance verification functions
- chart/medical records preparation
- sorting and deposition of mail and patient information.
The PSR II applies a detailed knowledge of the areas of assigned responsibility, and a general knowledge of the ambulatory/outpatient physician setting and its interrelation with the larger Health System organization. Ensures timely completion of work assignments in accord with established time-lines.
Note: New Hires must successfully pass a background check, a prohibited substance screening and a pre-employment health screening.
Education Certifications/Licensure Experience Physical Abilities
- High School (G.E.D) graduate required. Two (2) years college preferred
- Medical Terminology coursework preferred
- Minimum two (2) years experience in a healthcare, insurance or related experience required
- Previous work experience in an ambulatory or outpatient setting or physician's office preferred
- Must possess a minimum computer competency compromised of a working knowledge of Windows or a comparable system (specifically including keyboarding and mouse skills). Must additionally possess a working knowledge of basic word processing, email browsers and on line internet access
- Experience demonstrating the ability to handle multiple tasks frequently with short time-lines, to prioritize and organize work, and to complete assignments in a timely, accurate manner
- Ability to interact effectively with directors, managers, internal staff, patients, physicians and representatives of outside agencies
- Demonstrated ability to work well as a team player and independently
- English language proficiency. Bi-lingual preferred/helpful
- Employee must be able to sit in front of a computer approximately 90% of their scheduled day to perform clerical and administrative functions
- Prolonged sitting, standing, bending as needed for position
- Working Title: Patient Service Rep II
- Business Entity: CSMC - Cedars-Sinai Medical Center
- Cost Center # - Cost Center Name: 0739052 - Anesthesia Pain Ctr-Procedures
- City: Los Angeles
- Job Category: Clerical/Administrative
- Job Specialty: Administrative Assistant
- Position Type: Regular-F/T
- Shift Length: 8hr
- Hours: 9:30am - 6pm
- Days: Monday - Friday
- Shift Type: Day
- Weekends: None
Cedars-Sinai is an EEO employer. Cedars-Sinai does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of the race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, ancestry, physical or mental disability, legally protected medical condition (cancer-related or genetic characteristics or any genetic information), marital status, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, age (40 or older), military and/or veteran status or any other basis protected by federal or state law. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at Applicant_Accommodation@cshs.org and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.
Cedars-Sinai will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories, in accordance with the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring.
At Cedars-Sinai, we are dedicated to the safety, health and wellbeing of our patients and employees. This includes protecting our patients from communicable diseases, such as influenza (flu). For this reason, we require that all new employees receive a flu vaccine based on the seasonal availability of flu vaccine (typically during September through March each year) as a condition of employment, and annually thereafter as a condition of continued employment.
About Our Location
Los Angeles, CaliforniaView Map