- Search Jobs
Choose Your Area Of Interest
Patient Service Rep II - Spine Center - Full-Time (Day Shift)Requisition # 19000977 Apply Now
Summary of Essential Job Duties:
The Patient Service Representative II (PSR II), following established practices, policies and guidelines, provides clerical and administrative support and will perform duties in a licensed clinic at Cedars-Sinai Medical Center.
These duties may include answering incoming phone calls, scheduling and authorizations for appointments, insurance verification functions, chart/medical records preparation, and sorting and deposition of mail and patient information. Applies a detailed knowledge of the areas of assigned responsibility, and a general knowledge of the ambulatory/outpatient physician setting and its interrelation with the larger Health System organization. The PSR ensures the timely completion of work assignments following established timelines.
High School Diploma or GED is required.
Two (2) years college is preferred.
Medical terminology coursework is preferred.
- Two (2) years of experience in a healthcare, insurance or related experience is preferred.
- Strong interpersonal, written and oral communication skills for interacting with patients, payers, physicians and other Cedars-Sinai Health System customers.
- Must possess a minimum computer competency comprised of a working knowledge of Windows or comparable system (specifically including keyboarding and mouse skills). Must additionally possess a working knowledge of word processing, spreadsheets, presentation development, E-mail, browsers and on-line reporting.
- Knowledge and understanding of the organization, functions, policies and procedures of the outpatient physician clinic, and the relationship with the larger Cedars-Sinai Health System, and the ability to apply the knowledge to the work of the office.
- Ability to interact effectively with Directors, Managers, internal staff, patients, physicians, and representatives of outside agencies.
- English language proficiency; Bilingual is preferred.
- Working Title: Patient Service Rep II - Spine Center - Full-Time (Day Shift)
- Department: Spine Center
- Business Entity: Service Lines & Ops
- City: Los Angeles
- Job Category: Administrative
- Job Specialty: Admissions / Registration
- Position Type: Full-time
- Shift Length: 8 hour shift
- Shift Type: Day
Cedars-Sinai is an EEO employer. Cedars-Sinai does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of the race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, ancestry, physical or mental disability, legally protected medical condition (cancer-related or genetic characteristics or any genetic information), marital status, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, age (40 or older), military and/or veteran status or any other basis protected by federal or state law. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at Applicant_Accommodation@cshs.org and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.
Cedars-Sinai will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories, in accordance with the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring.
At Cedars-Sinai, we are dedicated to the safety, health and wellbeing of our patients and employees. This includes protecting our patients from communicable diseases, such as influenza (flu). For this reason, we require that all new employees receive a flu vaccine based on the seasonal availability of flu vaccine (typically during September through March each year) as a condition of employment, and annually thereafter as a condition of continued employment.
About Our Location
Los Angeles, CaliforniaView Map