- Search Jobs
Choose Your Area Of Interest
Patient Service Rep II - OB/GYNRequisition # 19003393 Apply Now
Every Skill, Every Effort, Everything We Have
Are you passionate about helping people? Do you want to make a difference in people’s lives?
Do you want to be a part of something greater? To get exposure to many different disciplines while making a positive impact on the lives of a diverse patient population? At Cedars-Sinai you'll learn from dedicated healthcare professionals every single day and use state-of-the-art facilities to do something incredible – for yourself and for others. You will support the physicians and nursing staff in the delivery of health care by performing a variety of medically related tasks.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Greet patients.
- Collect co-payments/give receipts/reconcile payments/batch fee tickets.
- Prepare charts.
- Review patient demographics and insurance information/registration.
- Collect co-pay/insurance cards, copying required information.
- Manage patient flow.
- Maintain waiting rooms.
Educational and/or Experience
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Two to five (2-5) years of experience preferred.
- Basic computer experience.
- Provide customer service skills.
- Experience with heavy phone volume.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks.
- Advanced knowledge of medical terminology and insurance concepts (ability to problem solve and assist patients).
- Ability to schedule using summary search.
- Be able to differentiate between CSMG & amp; CSHA, HMO, PPO, and POS.
- Experience and understanding of California work comp protocols.
- Working Title: Patient Service Rep II - OB/GYN
- Department: OB/GYN
- Business Entity: Medical Network Foundation
- City: Los Angeles
- Job Category: Administrative
- Job Specialty: Admissions / Registration
- Position Type: Full-time
- Shift Length: 8 hour shift
- Shift Type: Day
Cedars-Sinai is an EEO employer. Cedars-Sinai does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of the race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, ancestry, physical or mental disability, legally protected medical condition (cancer-related or genetic characteristics or any genetic information), marital status, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, age (40 or older), military and/or veteran status or any other basis protected by federal or state law. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at Applicant_Accommodation@cshs.org and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.
Cedars-Sinai will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories, in accordance with the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring.
At Cedars-Sinai, we are dedicated to the safety, health and wellbeing of our patients and employees. This includes protecting our patients from communicable diseases, such as influenza (flu). For this reason, we require that all new employees receive a flu vaccine based on the seasonal availability of flu vaccine (typically during September through March each year) as a condition of employment, and annually thereafter as a condition of continued employment.
About Our Location
Los Angeles, CaliforniaView Map