Patient Placement Representative - Capacity Command Center - Full-Time - Evening ShiftApply Now Share
Align yourself with an organization that has a reputation for excellence!
Cedars Sinai received the National Research Corporation’s Consumer Choice Award 19 years in a row for providing the highest-quality medical care in Los Angeles. We also were awarded the Advisory Board Company’s Workplace of the Year, 3 times. We are committed to hire team members who are dedicated to improving patients' lives. Discover why U.S. News & World Report has named us one of America’s Best Hospitals.
The Capacity Command Center is seeking for a highly motivated Patient Placement Representative to provide support with the coordination of patient placement assignments. We invite you to consider this exciting opportunity and provide us with an opportunity to learn more about you and your skills!
What will you be doing in this role?
This role facilitates patient placement at Cedars Sinai Medical Center by being proficient in various clinical information systems (e.g., CS-Link, including the ASAP components, Surgery Information System), having a basic understanding of medical terminology, and a complete understanding of the patient aggregation models. The incumbent must enforce to the Medical Center policies and procedures regarding patient privacy and confidentiality, utilize appropriate communication skills to receive and convey information with sensitivity and attention to special populations, including patients with diverse cultural background, age, developmental issues and physical disability.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Coordinates patient placement assignments and re-assignments throughout all hospital units.
- Partners with nurse managers, charge nurses, patient flow coordinators, and nursing supervisors to place patients, resolve bed shortage conflicts and convey the status of available beds.
- Documents and reviews patient admission statuses within the electronic patient record system to ensure that the staffed beds match the daily action plans. Follows internal guidelines/policies to avoid the duplication of a medical record. May enter patient demographic information provided by the medical staff.
- Answers routine and non-routine phone calls from physicians, nurses, patients, and other clinical departments within the organization and routes inquiries to other levels as appropriate.
- Attends daily OR/PP staff meetings.
- Generates and prepares basic reports from the electronic patient record system.
- Executes the pre-determined patient assignment action plan for the shift. Seeks assistance as appropriate.
Required Job Qualifications:
- High School Diploma/GED.
- A minimum of 3 years of relevant experience in a healthcare setting.
- Basic Medical Terminology knowledge.
- Customer service experience.
Preferred Job Qualifications:
- College Diploma.
- Patient placement experience is strongly preferred.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills for interacting with patients, payers, physicians and all other organization customers.
- Demonstrated abilities to work well as a team player and independently as required.
- Working knowledge of patient registration and account management systems, is a plus!
- Ability to function effectively with frequent interruptions and demands on time and attention.
- Ability to prioritize and be flexible as the workload constantly shifts.
- Accuracy and attention to detail.
- Good problem-solving and conflict-management skills.
- English language proficient.
Normal office setting. Must be able to sit and be on the telephone for long periods of time.
Must be able to perform assigned duties in a demanding work environment.
- Working Title: Patient Placement Representative - Capacity Command Center - Full-Time - Evening Shift
- Department: Capacity Command Center
- Business Entity: Nursing
- City: Los Angeles
- Job Category: Administrative
- Job Specialty: Administrative
- Position Type: Full-time
- Shift Length: 8 hour shift
- Shift Type: Evening
Cedars-Sinai is an EEO employer. Cedars-Sinai does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of the race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, ancestry, physical or mental disability, legally protected medical condition (cancer-related or genetic characteristics or any genetic information), marital status, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, age (40 or older), military and/or veteran status or any other basis protected by federal or state law. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at Applicant_Accommodation@cshs.org and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.
Cedars-Sinai will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories, in accordance with the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring.
At Cedars-Sinai, we are dedicated to the safety, health and wellbeing of our patients and employees. This includes protecting our patients from communicable diseases, such as influenza (flu). For this reason, we require that all new employees receive a flu vaccine based on the seasonal availability of flu vaccine (typically during September through March each year) as a condition of employment, and annually thereafter as a condition of continued employment.Apply NowApply Later