Patient Access Representative I - Patient-Access Department (different divisions and shifts available) - TEMPORARYApply Now Share
Do you love helping people every single day? Are you passionate about providing outstanding and high-quality service to patients and their family members?
If you thrive in a dynamic environment, excel at multi-tasking and are ready to seek the exciting and important responsibilities of a Patient Access Representative, please consider this great opportunity and apply!
As a Patient Access Representative, you are the face of Cedars Sinai and can make a difference for our patients. You will be responsible for registering patients presenting to the medical center for treatment. Your priority is to deliver high quality and effective service to our patients and their family members.
The Cedars Sinai Medical Center Admissions Department CARES and is committed to providing a positive first impression for patients and the community we serve.
Our commitment includes:
- Compassion in the service we provide to our patients that fosters an environment of safety and trust.
- Attention to detail, data integrity, and the confidentiality of our patient's personal and medical information.
- Respect and deep concern for others including our patients, the CSMC Health System, and one another.
- Excellence in developing, supporting, and motivating a highly trained Admissions Team.
- Service that consistently exceeds the expectations of our patients, their families, physicians, and one another.
In this role, you are responsible for:
- Securing all demographic and financial patient registration information accurately and in a timely manner.
- Facilitating patient access to Cedars Sinai Medical Center.
- Clearly explain information and answer questions our patients may have to help them understand the complexities of health insurance services and coverages, including - Registration, Pre-Registration, Insurance Verification, Third Party Liability (TPL) screening, Medi-Cal/Medicare Eligibility, and Workers Compensation Eligibility.
- Securing cash deposits including co-pays, deductibles and cash packages.
High School Diploma/GED required.
2 years of college preferred.
Minimum 2 years’ experience in healthcare, insurance or related experience required.
Previous work experience in an inpatient or outpatient admissions setting or physician's office, preferred.
Knowledge / experience in patient accounting or with an insurance payor preferred.
Medical terminology preferred.
Strong interpersonal, written and oral communication skills for interacting with patients, payers, physicians and other CSHS customers.
Intermediate math skills required.
Demonstrated ability to work well as a team player and independently.
Able to multi-task and work in a fast-paced environment with conflicting demands on time and attention.
PC literacy: Basic core computer skills and navigation skills.
General knowledge of office equipment.
English language proficiency. Being bilingual is a plus!
Equivalent education and experience may be considered.
Aptitude for cash collections.
- Working Title: Patient Access Representative I - Patient-Access Department (different divisions and shifts available) - TEMPORARY
- Department: Cedars-Sinai Medical Center
- Business Entity: Organization
- City: Los Angeles
- Job Category: Administrative
- Job Specialty: Admissions/Registration
- Position Type: Full-time
Cedars-Sinai is an EEO employer. Cedars-Sinai does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of the race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, ancestry, physical or mental disability, legally protected medical condition (cancer-related or genetic characteristics or any genetic information), marital status, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, age (40 or older), military and/or veteran status or any other basis protected by federal or state law. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at Applicant_Accommodation@cshs.org and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.
Cedars-Sinai will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories, in accordance with the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring.
At Cedars-Sinai, we are dedicated to the safety, health and wellbeing of our patients and employees. This includes protecting our patients from communicable diseases, such as influenza (flu) and COVID-19. For this reason, we require that all new employees receive a flu vaccine based on the seasonal availability of flu vaccine (typically during September through April each year) as a condition of employment, and annually thereafter as a condition of continued employment, subject to medical exemption or religious accommodation. For the same reason, you may also be required to receive other vaccines such as COVID-19 as a condition of employment. Cedars-Sinai reserves the right to make modifications to its required list of vaccines as required by law and/or policy.Apply NowApply Later