- Information Technology
- Medical Network
Partnerships & Community Engagement LeadRequisition # HRC0389171 Apply Now
The Cedars-Sinai Accelerator works with the top digital health and healthtech startups in the world. The Accelerator works with early stage startup founders to provide insight from mentors within Cedars-Sinai as well as throughout our broader community, with a goal of supporting healthcare innovation and accelerating the development of solutions to improve care and care delivery. We bring together a community representing the best and brightest clinicians, entrepreneurs, investors, and leaders who are dedicated to moving healthcare forward.
Under the direction of the Managing Director, this role is responsible for developing and executing on a variety of externally-facing initiatives in alignment with the overall goals of the accelerator program. Specific areas of focus will include: managing ongoing engagement with our accelerator community; developing new opportunities for collaboration and partnership with other innovation-focused organizations, and leading coordination of recruiting and sourcing efforts.
This role will be remote/virtual during the COVID-19 pandemic, but will NOT be permanently virtual and candidates must be able to confirm that they will be able to be present on-site in Los Angeles when in-person work resumes.
Tasks will include, but not be limited to:
• Identify, build and manage the accelerator’s relationships with key healthcare innovation partners
• Identify top strategic opportunities for the accelerator to partner in events, conferences and thought leadership to amplify our brand and mission
• Research and engage with new potential accelerator participant companies
• Support, maintain and expand our network of expert external mentors
• Create and maintain a framework for ongoing engagement with the accelerator ecosystem of alumni, mentors and investors
• Stay informed of industry news, innovations, trends and best practices
Bachelor's degree required; MBA, MPH, MHA or other advanced degree preferred. A combination of education and experience will be considered. Minimum 10 years healthcare industry experience.
• Strong knowledge of healthcare industry, including previous experience at a large health system, healthcare IT vendor, digital health startup, or healthcare investment firm (*required)
• A passion for working with early-stage startups and/or innovation/entrepreneurship programs (*required)
• Strong communication and presentation skills; experience in interacting with senior-level and C-suite stakeholders (*required)
• Previous success in an externally facing role with significant amounts of public interaction
• Experience with creating or coordinating publicly facing communications and marketing materials
• Experience with planning or coordinating large events, either in-person or digital
• Experience demonstrating the ability to handle multiple tasks frequently with short timelines, to prioritize and organize work and to complete assignments in a timely, accurate manner (*required)
• Flexibility and adaptability; an ability to work in a start-up-like environment
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office, and previous experience in using user-friendly SaaS systems (MailChimp, Affinity, Google Docs, SquareSpace or similar products)
- Working Title: Partnerships & Community Engagement Lead
- Department: Healthcare Accelerator
- Business Entity: Corporate Services
- City: Los Angeles
- Job Category: Information Technology
- Job Specialty: IT Project Management
- Position Type: Full-time
- Shift Length: 8 hour shift
- Shift Type: Day
Cedars-Sinai is an EEO employer. Cedars-Sinai does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of the race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, ancestry, physical or mental disability, legally protected medical condition (cancer-related or genetic characteristics or any genetic information), marital status, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, age (40 or older), military and/or veteran status or any other basis protected by federal or state law. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at Applicant_Accommodation@cshs.org and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.
Cedars-Sinai will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories, in accordance with the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring.
At Cedars-Sinai, we are dedicated to the safety, health and wellbeing of our patients and employees. This includes protecting our patients from communicable diseases, such as influenza (flu). For this reason, we require that all new employees receive a flu vaccine based on the seasonal availability of flu vaccine (typically during September through March each year) as a condition of employment, and annually thereafter as a condition of continued employment.
About Our Location
Los Angeles, CaliforniaView Map