The Sales Representative, Lab Outreach Services is accountable to the Manager and is responsible for business development, selling lab services to potential clients and providing input to leadership. Takes a leadership role in special projects to promote new business development and assists in strategic planning for market growth and maintenance of existing business. Performs all job duties with a high level of professionalism.
*This role is intended to be on a hybrid work model.
Summary of Essential Job Duties:
- Demonstrates effective leadership skills and initiative toward business growth; effectively provides guidance to team for optimal opportunities.
- Learns the nuances of lab billing and insurances payors as they relate to Lab Outreach.
- Becomes expert in selling pathology services to specialties such as GI, GU, Derm, Renal, OBGYN, Molecular, Uro etc., including a strong familiarity with clinical labs.
- Focus on growing both Clinical and Anatomic business. Interacts professionally with clients and co-workers to promote quality patient care and a positive image of the lab and Cedars-Sinai as a whole.
- Collaborates with manager to create, evaluate, and implement business development strategies.
- Effectively sets goals and meets objectives, including minimum monthly new sales quota, within specified time.
- Oversees and assists team with field customer retention activities to optimize successful outcomes.
- Demonstrates superior troubleshooting and problem-solving abilities and provides support.
- Collaborates with manager in the development of value-added services/projects identified for program expansion.
- Bachelor's Degree.
- Four (4) years of progressive experience in clinical laboratory sales or related healthcare or medical industry.
- Working Title: Outreach Sales Representative - Laboratory Services
- Department: Lab Outreach Services
- Business Entity: Clinical & Support Services
- City: Los Angeles
- Job Category: Pathology/Lab
- Job Specialty: Laboratory
- Position Type: Full-time
- Shift Length: 8 hour shift
- Shift Type: Day
Cedars-Sinai is an EEO employer. Cedars-Sinai does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of the race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, ancestry, physical or mental disability, legally protected medical condition (cancer-related or genetic characteristics or any genetic information), marital status, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, age (40 or older), military and/or veteran status or any other basis protected by federal or state law. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at Applicant_Accommodation@cshs.org and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.
Cedars-Sinai will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories, in accordance with the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring.
At Cedars-Sinai, we are dedicated to the safety, health and wellbeing of our patients and employees. This includes protecting our patients from communicable diseases, such as influenza (flu) and COVID-19. For this reason, we require that all new employees receive a flu vaccine based on the seasonal availability of flu vaccine (typically during September through April each year) as a condition of employment, and annually thereafter as a condition of continued employment, subject to medical exemption or religious accommodation. For the same reason, you may also be required to receive other vaccines such as COVID-19 as a condition of employment. Cedars-Sinai reserves the right to make modifications to its required list of vaccines as required by law and/or policy.Apply NowApply Later