Job Summary: Key Job Responsibilities
Do you have a passion for the highest clinical quality and patient happiness? Would you like to use your expertise with an organization known nationally for excellence in cancer treatment, research and education? We would be happy to hear from you! Please consider the following exciting opportunity with one of the most outstanding and dynamic places to work in the medical field as your next career move.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
• Provides and precisely documents nursing process components and relevant interventions for direct and indirect patient
care services that ensures the safety, comfort, personal hygiene, and protection of patients in a timely manner.
• Provides experienced care and patient education on disease prevention and restorative measures.
• Provides direct and indirect comprehensive care services to complex patients, including, but not limited to, the
administration of medications and therapeutic agents necessary to implement treatment, disease prevention, or
rehabilitative plan of care.
• Performs skin tests, immunizations, phlebotomy and the initiation of peripheral venous access.
• Observes, evaluates and expeditiously alters plan of care based on signs and symptoms of illness, reactions to
medications/treatments, general behavior, and/or general physical condition.
• Demonstrates advanced assessment skills, integrating appropriate data sources to assess the signs, symptoms, reactions,
behaviors, or general appearance to determine normal versus abnormal characteristics.
• Plans and implements individualized patient care in collaboration with interdisciplinary teams based on observations.
Implements appropriate reporting, referrals and care in accordance with standardized procedures. Initiates emergency
procedures when indicated.
• Provides care to special patient populations and patients with diverse cultural backgrounds. Identifies patient’s readiness
for learning and ability to follow directions/instructions and give consent.
• Makes special adjustments to patient care to the specific populations needs, including cultural, spiritual, age,
psychosocial, communication, gender, sexual orientation, economic, education, family and condition needs.
• Identifies and assesses patient safety concerns with respect to age and developmental considerations. Intervenes to
provide a safe environment and evaluates effectiveness of intervention for patient.
• Selects one of the three clinical advancement pathways (Clinical Quality Education, Leadership) where they serve as a
mentor/preceptor/educator, leads a clinical quality or nursing research initiative to improve outcomes, or serves as a
charge nurse or council chair and other related activities. Supports and/or provides constructive input during
unit/department meetings and initiatives focused one improving nursing outcomes and the work environment.
• Provides assistance to co-workers, new staff, temporary staff and students.
• When assigned charge nurse responsibility, coordinates unit activity throughout the shift, including the authorization of
incidental overtime, initiates chain of command as appropriate.
• Participates in at least 50% of unit meetings and provides constructive input to assist in unit direction.
• Functions as a change champion and agent and participates in departmental quality improvement activities.
• Participates in the completion of required skills and competencies.
Assoc. Degree/College Diploma Nursing (Minimum)
Bachelor's Degree Bachelor's of Science in Nursing (state accredited program) (Preferred)
RN State License California State RN License (Upon Hire -Minimum)
Basic Life Support (BLS) Require BLS unless a higher level of certification is required (Upon Hire-Minimum)
ANCC Specialty Certification Specialty Certification (1 Year -Minimum)
Other Competencies, as required by your specialty unit (ex. ACLS, PALS, fetal heart monitoring) (1 Year-Minimum)
3 years Relevant acute care experience in their area of specialty (Minimum)
1 year Must be a Clinical Nurse II at CSMC for at least one (1) year, to be promoted within the clinical ladder. (Minimum)
Standing, Walking, Sitting, Lifting 50 lbs., Carrying 50 lbs., Pushing 75 lbs., Pulling 75 lbs., Climbing (Rarely), Balancing, Stooping, Eye/Hand/Foot Coordination, Crouching (Rarely), Crawling (N/A), Reaching, Handling, Grasping, Feeling, Talking, Hearing, Repetitive Motions, Kneeling (Rarely)
Working Title:Oschin Cancer Center Clinic RN - 8HR Days
Business Entity:Service Lines & Ops
Shift Length:8 hour shift
Cedars-Sinai is an EEO employer. Cedars-Sinai does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of the race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, ancestry, physical or mental disability, legally protected medical condition (cancer-related or genetic characteristics or any genetic information), marital status, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, age (40 or older), military and/or veteran status or any other basis protected by federal or state law. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at Applicant_Accommodation@cshs.org and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.
Cedars-Sinai will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories, in accordance with the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring.
At Cedars-Sinai, we are dedicated to the safety, health and wellbeing of our patients and employees. This includes protecting our patients from communicable diseases, such as influenza (flu) and COVID-19. For this reason, we require that all new employees receive a flu vaccine based on the seasonal availability of flu vaccine (typically during September through April each year) as a condition of employment, and annually thereafter as a condition of continued employment, subject to medical exemption or religious accommodation. For the same reason, you may also be required to receive other vaccines such as COVID-19 as a condition of employment. Cedars-Sinai reserves the right to make modifications to its required list of vaccines as required by law and/or policy.Apply NowApply Later