When the work you do every single day has a crucial impact on the lives of others, every effort, every detail, and every second matters. This shared culture of passion and dedication pulses through Cedars-Sinai, and it’s just one of the many reasons we’ve achieved our fifth-consecutive Magnet designation for nursing excellence. From working with a team of premier healthcare professionals to using state-of-the-art facilities, you’ll have everything you need to do something incredible—for yourself, and for others. Join us, and discover why U.S. News & World Report has named us one of America’s Best Hospitals!
What will you be doing in this role?
As a full time Occupational Therapist in Acute Therapy at Cedars-Sinai Medical Center, you will assist in performing evaluations, demonstrate appropriate treatment interventions and strategies &Complete discharge planning for patients.
You will have working knowledge of subject matter domain areas in clinical quality, patient safety, regulatory and reimbursement context.
Ability to deliver safe, appropriate, ethical and evidence-based care in an effective, efficient and professional manner; incorporates feedback, self-reflection, sound clinical reasoning and problem solving to continuously improve quality of care and operational processes.
Demonstrates good decision-making/problem solving skills. Exhibits good clinical reasoning skills and judgments in managing patients.
Demonstrate standard computer skills, use of electronic health record, and office skills as relevant to duties.
- Bachelor's Degree and graduate of an accredited Occupational Therapy program: Minimum
- Master's Degree and graduate of an accredited Occupational Therapy program: Preferred
- Doctorate Degree with completion of formal occupational therapy education and training from an accredited institution required for licensure: Preferred
- Occupational Therapist license: California State license
- Basic Life Support by American Heart Association or American Red Cross
What else are we looking for?
- A minimum of 3 years experience as a practicing therapist, with a minimum of 1 year experience in the current or similar practice setting.
- Must be competent by virtue of training and/or experience to perform evaluations, design and implement treatment plans and provide education in a manner appropriate to the age of the patient.
- Experience and knowledge of assessment and intervention techniques in a medical and physical disabilities setting.
- Experience performing evaluations, designing, and implementing treatment plans and providing education in a manner appropriate to the age of the patient.
- Constantly standing, walking, sitting, balancing, stooping, crouching, reaching, handling, grasping, feeling, talking, hearing, eye-hand-foot coordination;
- Frequently lifting, carrying, pushing, pulling up to 35 lbs, and repetitive motions;
- Working Title: Occupational Therapist - Acute Therapy
- Department: Occupational Therapy-I/P
- Business Entity: Service Lines & Ops
- City: Los Angeles
- Job Category: Therapy/Rehab
- Job Specialty: Occupational Therapy
- Position Type: Full-time
- Shift Length: 8 hour shift
- Shift Type: Day
Cedars-Sinai is an EEO employer. Cedars-Sinai does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of the race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, ancestry, physical or mental disability, legally protected medical condition (cancer-related or genetic characteristics or any genetic information), marital status, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, age (40 or older), military and/or veteran status or any other basis protected by federal or state law. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at Applicant_Accommodation@cshs.org and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.
Cedars-Sinai will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories, in accordance with the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring.
At Cedars-Sinai, we are dedicated to the safety, health and wellbeing of our patients and employees. This includes protecting our patients from communicable diseases, such as influenza (flu) and COVID-19. For this reason, we require that all new employees receive a flu vaccine based on the seasonal availability of flu vaccine (typically during September through April each year) as a condition of employment, and annually thereafter as a condition of continued employment, subject to medical exemption or religious accommodation. For the same reason, you may also be required to receive other vaccines such as COVID-19 as a condition of employment. Cedars-Sinai reserves the right to make modifications to its required list of vaccines as required by law and/or policy.Apply NowApply Later