- Information Technology
- Medical Network
Nutrition Care Representative (Diet Clerk) - Per DiemRequisition # HRC0365142 Apply Now
Grow your career at Cedars-Sinai!
At Cedars-Sinai, we're motivated by a collective spirit of innovation and the challenge to continuously improve. Above all, we share a real passion for helping others. Day after day, from department to department, our people give their all to create a community unlike any other. This is just one of the many reasons U.S. News & World Report has named us one of America’s Best Hospitals—and now we invite you to join us and make a difference every single day in service of this outstanding work – excellence and innovation in patient care, research, and community service. From working with a team of dedicated professionals to using state-of-the-art facilities, you’ll have great resources to do something incredible—for yourself, and for others
What will you be doing in this role?
The Nutrition Care Representative (NCR) act as an ambassador and facilitator of patient food services on the patient care unit. Responsibilities include processing, validating, and interpreting physician diet prescriptions as conveyed by nursing personnel, collection and correction of patient menu selections in conformance with the physician's diet order, addressing and following up on concerns and issues related to patient satisfaction, and handling routine clerical, data entry, and nutrition care responsibilities on the unit. Collaborates with leadership staff to improve the quality of service and nutrition care service provided to patients.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Review and modify patient menus by adding, deleting or substituting food items in accordance with physician's and dietitian's orders and restrictions.
- Obtain menu selection at the patient's bedside or over the phone assuring compliance to the physician's diet order and departmental guidelines for menu correction.
- Explain menu modifications/substitutions to patients
- Navigate patient to the menu system and services offered by the department.
- High School Diploma/GED required.
- At least one (1) year of customer service in an acute care hospital as a Diet Clerk/Aide preferred
- Excellent customer service and communication skills.
- Computer proficiency is a requirement.
- Working Title: Nutrition Care Representative (Diet Clerk) - Per Diem
- Department: Pat Food Svc Stnd
- Business Entity: Clinical & Support Services
- City: Los Angeles
- Job Category: Patient Services
- Job Specialty: Food Services
- Position Type: Per Diem
- Shift Length: 8 hour shift
- Shift Type: Day
Cedars-Sinai is an EEO employer. Cedars-Sinai does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of the race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, ancestry, physical or mental disability, legally protected medical condition (cancer-related or genetic characteristics or any genetic information), marital status, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, age (40 or older), military and/or veteran status or any other basis protected by federal or state law. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at Applicant_Accommodation@cshs.org and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.
Cedars-Sinai will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories, in accordance with the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring.
At Cedars-Sinai, we are dedicated to the safety, health and wellbeing of our patients and employees. This includes protecting our patients from communicable diseases, such as influenza (flu). For this reason, we require that all new employees receive a flu vaccine based on the seasonal availability of flu vaccine (typically during September through March each year) as a condition of employment, and annually thereafter as a condition of continued employment.
About Our Location
Los Angeles, CaliforniaView Map