Nutrition Care Rep (Diet Clerk) - Food Services - Per Diem - DaysRequisition # 19004006 Apply Now
Grow your career at Cedars-Sinai!
We know that you have options as to where you choose to work, and we provide our employees with the best possible work environment. One of our goals as an organization is to develop a well-trained and highly motivated workforce. We want to help you achieve your greatest potential by enabling you to progress within your job and advance your career.
Right now, our Patient Food Services Department is looking for a Nutrition Care Representative (Diet Clerk) to join their department!
The Nutrition Care Representative (NCR) performs an important role as ambassador and facilitator of patient food services on the patient care unit. Individuals in this role must possess superior customer relations and organizational skills with a dedication to “follow through” on requests when acting as the human interface between the patient and the food service operation. Responsibilities include processing, validating, and interpreting physician diet prescriptions as conveyed by nursing personnel, collection and correction of patient menu selections in conformance with the physician’s diet order, addressing and following up on concerns and issues related to patient satisfaction, and handling routine clerical, data entry and nutrition care responsibilities on the unit. Performs all duties with sensitivity and attention to the cultural, age, developmental, and environmental safety issues of the patient population(s) served. Collaborates with leadership staff to improve the quality of service and nutrition care service provided to patients.
- High School Diploma or GED required. Completion of minimum course work related to food service and/or nutrition highly preferred.
- Two (2) years customer service and/or food service experience preferred. Experience as captain or equivalent position highly desirable.
- Knowledge of therapeutic diets preferred.
- Organizational ability to include coordination of multiple projects within established timeframes, problem analysis and resolution, and excellent interpersonal skills. Must be customer oriented.
- Must possess a minimum computer competency comprised of a working knowledge of Windows or comparable system (specifically including keyboarding and mouse skills). As applicable to individual job duties and expectations, employee must additionally possess a working knowledge of word processing, spreadsheets, presentation development, e-mail, browsers and on-line reporting.
- Must be able to perform basic calculations.
- Ability to type 40 words per minute highly desirable.
- Must be able to communicate in English, verbally and in writing, with staff, customers, and patients over the telephone or in person.
- Must be able to speak clearly and enunciate over the telephone.
- Must have good listening skills.
- Working Title: Nutrition Care Rep (Diet Clerk) - Food Services - Per Diem - Days
- Department: Pat Food Svc Stnd
- Business Entity: Clinical & Support Services
- City: Los Angeles
- Job Category: Patient Services
- Job Specialty: Food Services
- Position Type: Per Diem
- Shift Length: 8 hour shift
- Shift Type: Day
Cedars-Sinai is an EEO employer. Cedars-Sinai does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of the race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, ancestry, physical or mental disability, legally protected medical condition (cancer-related or genetic characteristics or any genetic information), marital status, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, age (40 or older), military and/or veteran status or any other basis protected by federal or state law. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at Applicant_Accommodation@cshs.org and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.
Cedars-Sinai will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories, in accordance with the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring.
At Cedars-Sinai, we are dedicated to the safety, health and wellbeing of our patients and employees. This includes protecting our patients from communicable diseases, such as influenza (flu). For this reason, we require that all new employees receive a flu vaccine based on the seasonal availability of flu vaccine (typically during September through March each year) as a condition of employment, and annually thereafter as a condition of continued employment.
About Our Location
Los Angeles, CaliforniaView Map