- Search Jobs
Choose Your Area Of Interest
Nursing Communication Technician - NICU - Days 12hrs ShiftRequisition # 19003345 Apply Now
Every Skill, Every Effort, Everything We Have
Are you passionate about helping people? Do you want to make a difference in people’s lives?
Do you want to be a part of something greater? To get exposure to many different disciplines while making a positive impact on the lives of a diverse patient population? At Cedars-Sinai you'll learn from dedicated healthcare professionals every single day and use state-of-the-art facilities to do something incredible – for yourself and for others. You will support the physicians and nursing staff in the delivery of health care by performing a variety of medically related tasks.
Are you ready to make a difference?
Our world-class, Level IV, regional Ahmanson Pediatric Center's Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU) is one of the largest in all of Southern California and unmatched in the United States for its state-of-the-art design and technology. Under the leadership of Charles F. Simmons, Jr., MD, the NICU admits nearly 700 infants per year.
We offer comprehensive neonatal diagnostic and treatment facilities for critically ill newborns. Our center also holds a multidisciplinary research unit, dedicated to providing the highest quality care for all newborns, ranging from healthy neonates to sick or premature newborns requiring close observation or intensive care.
As a Nursing Communication Tech in our Neonatal Intensive Care Unit you will assume responsibility and accountability for the application of the nursing process and the delivery of patient care for the specialty patient population.
The Nursing Communication Technician performs unit computer functions, including order entry, lab inquiry. Acts as a receptionist for the unit, answering and relaying patient calls, accepting and relaying other communications, performs clerical tasks, ordering supplies and completing other duties as assigned. Performs administrative task with positive attitude, and demonstrates excellent customer services skills aa outlined in CSMC employee code of conduct policy.
The NCT works in collaboration with other departments to maintain adequate supplies and tracks status of equipment repairs. Demonstrates effective communication and customer service skills.
Educational, License, Certification and Other Requirements:
- High school diploma or equivalent. Associate of Arts degree preferred.
- Current and valid Basic Cardiac Life Support Certificate from the American Heart Association.
- Full command (written and verbal) of the English language.
- Must possess minimum computer competency comprised of a working knowledge of Windows or comparable system specifically including keyboarding and mouse skills and applicable to individual job duties and expectations, employee must demonstrate competency in use of the applications indicated on the competency checklist.
- Knowledge of medical terminology.
- Transcription of MD orders.
- Strong clerical and organizational skills.
- Strong interpersonal, customer service and communication skills.
- One (1) year or more work experience as a Unit Secretary in a healthcare working environment.
- Must be able to perform assigned duties in a demanding work environment.
- The physical ability and perceptive acuity to satisfactorily perform all direct and indirect patient care functions.
- Working Title: Nursing Communication Technician - NICU - Days 12hrs Shift
- Department: Neonatal Care I
- Business Entity: Nursing
- City: Los Angeles
- Job Category: Administrative
- Job Specialty: Administrative
- Position Type: Full-time
- Shift Length: 12 hour shift
- Shift Type: Day
Cedars-Sinai is an EEO employer. Cedars-Sinai does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of the race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, ancestry, physical or mental disability, legally protected medical condition (cancer-related or genetic characteristics or any genetic information), marital status, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, age (40 or older), military and/or veteran status or any other basis protected by federal or state law. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at Applicant_Accommodation@cshs.org and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.
Cedars-Sinai will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories, in accordance with the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring.
At Cedars-Sinai, we are dedicated to the safety, health and wellbeing of our patients and employees. This includes protecting our patients from communicable diseases, such as influenza (flu). For this reason, we require that all new employees receive a flu vaccine based on the seasonal availability of flu vaccine (typically during September through March each year) as a condition of employment, and annually thereafter as a condition of continued employment.
About Our Location
Los Angeles, CaliforniaView Map