Do you have a passion for delivering the highest quality of patient care? Are you passionate about taking your nursing career to the next level at one of the top ten medical facilities in the United States? We believe your compassion and clinical competencies will be used to the fullest in this dynamic Nurse Practitioner Per Diem position.
At Cedars-Sinai Pain Center, we seek to improve the quality of the lives of individuals who suffer acute, chronic, and cancer pain, as well as those with facial disorders and diseases.
Summary of Job Duties:
- The Nurse Practitioner will be responsible and accountable for the application of the nursing process, supervision of clinical practice, research involvement, consultative services, inter and intra departmental liaison, education, leadership, and patient care management.
- Responsible to the medical director and the chief nursing officer (CNO) and functions as an integral part of the medical team.
- Understand the intricacies of acute and chronic pain in the peri-operative setting.
- Assess and evaluate patients in order to synthesize an adequate pain regimen including interventional plan management procedures, in the context of psychological, physiologic and social factors.
- Exhibit flexibility in diverse health care settings, including the peri-operative setting.
- Understand the pharmacology of narcotics and other medications in relation to their physiologic consequences.
- Serve as a patient advocate throughout the care process and represent the medical center at regional and national meetings/conferences.
- Identify safety concerns and institute measures to deliver safe environment and provide appropriate assessment, intervention, and evaluation of patients with consideration of developmental achievements in the population served.
This will be a 10 hour position 8:00am-6:30pm working minimum 2 days per week
- Graduate of an accredited Nurse Practitioner program required
- MSN or DNP required
- Current, unrestricted State of California Registered Nurse and Nurse Practitioner License
- National Certification or eligibility for certification as a Nurse Practitioner
- ACLS and PALS Certification from American Heart Association or American Red Cross
- 3+ years of ICU/PACU experience preferred
- Prior experience in pain management or palliative care preferred
- ICU/ER/OR/Recover Room experience preferred
- Pediatrics experience strongly preferred
- Working Title: Nurse Practitioner Per Diem - Inpatient Pain Services(Adults & Peds)
- Department: Inpatient Pain Service
- Business Entity: Service Lines & Ops
- City: Los Angeles
- Job Category: Nursing
- Job Specialty: Advanced Practice (RN)
- Position Type: Per Diem
- Shift Length: 10 hour shift
- Shift Type: Per Diem
Cedars-Sinai is an EEO employer. Cedars-Sinai does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of the race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, ancestry, physical or mental disability, legally protected medical condition (cancer-related or genetic characteristics or any genetic information), marital status, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, age (40 or older), military and/or veteran status or any other basis protected by federal or state law. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at Applicant_Accommodation@cshs.org and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.
Cedars-Sinai will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories, in accordance with the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring.
At Cedars-Sinai, we are dedicated to the safety, health and wellbeing of our patients and employees. This includes protecting our patients from communicable diseases, such as influenza (flu). For this reason, we require that all new employees receive a flu vaccine based on the seasonal availability of flu vaccine (typically during September through March each year) as a condition of employment, and annually thereafter as a condition of continued employment.Apply NowApply Later