- Search Jobs
Choose Your Area Of Interest
Nurse Practitioner - Pediatric Congenital Heart DiseaseRequisition # 19000578 Apply Now
The Smidt Heart Institute is home to a distinguished team of experts who are setting the bar for cardiovascular care in the United States.
The Institute unites 16 centers and programs to diagnose and treat the full spectrum of heart and vascular conditions for all patients, from infants to those with advanced disease. Compassionate care is integrated with an agile research enterprise, giving patients access to pioneering treatments.
Led by Eduardo Marbán, MD, PhD, our faculty and attending physicians provide deep expertise across all specialties, including transplantation, stem cell therapy, congenital heart disease, women’s heart health, valve disorders, arrhythmia and hypertension.
- Under the supervision of a physician and within the Nurse Practitioner’s (NP) scope of service, the Nurse Practitioner provides services to the Pediatric Congenital Heart Disease patient population.
- The NP is responsible for the planning and coordination of all aspects of the care of the patients.
- Obtain and perform history and physical examinations
- Record and interpret pertinent data (i.e., labs, diagnostic studies, discharge summaries, progress notes, etc.), including writing orders and discharges.
- Evaluate, diagnose and treat patients.
- Write a daily progress note on inpatients, collate inpatient records and perform discharge summaries, utilizing the electronic medical record.
- Participate in daily interdisciplinary rounds.
- Coordinate ongoing overall patient care with physician staff, nursing staff and other ancillary care providers to ensure treatment plans are implemented.
- Assist or perform bedside procedures within the scope of service.
- Maintain communication with patients and families regarding care.
- Demonstrates skills and knowledge necessary to provide care appropriate to adult and geriatric patients, including knowledge of growth and development, the ability to obtain and interpret information to identify patient needs, and provide the care needed.
- Perform assigned work safely, adhering to established departmental safety rules and practices.
- Participation in Quality activities.
- Master of Nursing Degree required.
- Graduate of an accredited Nurse Practitioner program
- Current State of California Registered Nurse and Nurse Practitioner License
- National Certification by respective accredited professional nursing organization such as the Amercian Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC), American Academy of Nurse Practitioners (AANP).
- Current NP Furnishing License / DEA
- Current BLS/ACLS certifications from the American Heart Association
- Pediatric Cardiology experience is a must.
- Prior experience in Pediatric Congenital Heart care preferred
- Pediatric ICU experience preferred
- A minimum of 2 years of experience as a Nurse Practitioner preferred
Keywords: Nurse Practitioner, NP, Registered Nurse, Congenital Heart Disease, Pediatric, Cardiology, Cardiovascular, Heart, Hospital, Medical Center, Los Angeles, CA, California
#Jobs-Glassdoor #Jobs-LinkedIn #Jobs-Indeed #Jobs-NHCN #Jobs-HERC
- Working Title: Nurse Practitioner - Pediatric Congenital Heart Disease
- Department: Congenital Heart Program
- Business Entity: Service Lines & Ops
- City: Los Angeles
- Job Category: Nursing
- Job Specialty: Advanced Practice (RN)
- Position Type: Full-time
- Shift Length: 8 hour shift
- Shift Type: Day
Cedars-Sinai is an EEO employer. Cedars-Sinai does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of the race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, ancestry, physical or mental disability, legally protected medical condition (cancer-related or genetic characteristics or any genetic information), marital status, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, age (40 or older), military and/or veteran status or any other basis protected by federal or state law. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at Applicant_Accommodation@cshs.org and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.
Cedars-Sinai will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories, in accordance with the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring.
At Cedars-Sinai, we are dedicated to the safety, health and wellbeing of our patients and employees. This includes protecting our patients from communicable diseases, such as influenza (flu). For this reason, we require that all new employees receive a flu vaccine based on the seasonal availability of flu vaccine (typically during September through March each year) as a condition of employment, and annually thereafter as a condition of continued employment.
About Our Location
Los Angeles, CaliforniaView Map