Nurse Practitioner- NeurosurgeryRequisition # 20000905 Apply Now
Make a difference every single day
When the work you do every single day has a crucial impact on the lives of others, every effort, every detail, and every second matters. This shared culture of happiness, passion and dedication pulses through Cedars-Sinai, and it’s just one of the many reasons we’ve achieved our fifth consecutive Magnet designation for nursing excellence. From working with a team of dedicated healthcare professionals to using state-of-the-art facilities, you’ll have everything you need to do something incredible—for yourself, and for others. Join us, and discover why U.S. News & World Report has named us one of America’s Best Hospitals.
If you've been diagnosed with a brain or nerve condition, you'll want the most advanced care from top specialists in the field. Cedars-Sinai is a leader in the treatment of more than 150 complex neurological disorders, and conducts research that brings new hope for patients and caregivers. Ranked among the best in the nation by U.S. News & World Report, our neurosurgeons and neurologists work together with experienced care teams to give you the most effective treatment possible.
As the Neurosurgery Nurse Practitioner,
- You will deliver care with both independent decision making abilities and collaboration with the board certified physician.
- Deliver expert care to patients with neurovascular disorders such as ischemic and hemorrhagic stroke, vascular malformations, aneurysms, arteriovenous fistulas, and vascular stenosis in the preoperative and postoperative environments in Neurosurgery.
- Provide individualized care in the inpatient and outpatient environments under the direction of and in collaboration with the Neurosurgery-Neurovascular supervising physician.
- This individualized care is achieved through comprehensive health assessments; detail documentation of history and physicals, consultations, and progress notes, ordering and or interpreting diagnostic test or studies.
- Master of Nursing Degree required
- Graduate of an accredited Nurse practitioner program approved by the California Board of Registered
- Current State of California Registered Nurse and Nurse Practitioner License
- Current DEA license and Furnishing Number or eligibility to obtain
- National Certification or eligibility for certification as a Nurse Practitioner
- ACLS from American Heart Association
- Minimum of 2 years acute care hospital nursing experience required
- Experience in Neurology strongly preferred
- Working Title: Nurse Practitioner- Neurosurgery
- Department: Neurosurgical Department
- Business Entity: Service Lines & Ops
- City: Los Angeles
- Job Category: Nursing
- Job Specialty: Advanced Practice (RN)
- Position Type: Full-time
- Shift Length: 8 hour shift
- Shift Type: Day
Cedars-Sinai is an EEO employer. Cedars-Sinai does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of the race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, ancestry, physical or mental disability, legally protected medical condition (cancer-related or genetic characteristics or any genetic information), marital status, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, age (40 or older), military and/or veteran status or any other basis protected by federal or state law. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at Applicant_Accommodation@cshs.org and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.
Cedars-Sinai will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories, in accordance with the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring.
At Cedars-Sinai, we are dedicated to the safety, health and wellbeing of our patients and employees. This includes protecting our patients from communicable diseases, such as influenza (flu). For this reason, we require that all new employees receive a flu vaccine based on the seasonal availability of flu vaccine (typically during September through March each year) as a condition of employment, and annually thereafter as a condition of continued employment.
About Our Location
Los Angeles, CaliforniaView Map