- Information Technology
- Medical Network
Nurse Practitioner - Multiple Myeloma ProgramRequisition # HRC0340431 Apply Now
Do you have a passion for the highest clinical quality and patient happiness? Would you like to use your expert clinical competencies with an organization known nationally for excellence in cancer treatment, research and education? We would be happy to hear from you! Please consider the following exciting opportunity with one of the most outstanding and dynamic places to work in California as your next career move.
The Multiple Myeloma and Amyloidosis program provides a valuable resource to patients with these conditions. We offer a comprehensive array of services and treatment options based on the specific challenges of each patient's disease characteristics and stage. Through our various clinical trials, patients with multiple myeloma can access leading-edge, novel therapeutics. The clinical trials are complemented by the program’s basic and translational research in several promising areas, including anti-angiogenesis, vaccines, anti-virus treatments and third-generation bisphosphonates.
Summary of Essential Duties:
- Performs a detailed age specific history and physical along with appropriate follow up and documentation of the results.
- Analyzes and organizes the care of clinically complex patients, including sociocultural, cognitive, functional, nutritional and educational evaluation, leading to the development of a problem list and patient management plan and communicates to patient, family and interdisciplinary team.
- Performs appropriate diagnostic and therapeutic procedures for identification and management of patient diagnosis following established standardized protocols.
- Assesses quality of patient care delivery and finds opportunities for changes in practice, rooted in evidence-based standards of care/protocols, which enhance positive patient outcomes.
- Provides and documents patient, family and significant other education and outcomes, including smoking, cessation, pneumococcal vaccination and other patient specific subjects, utilizing effective teaching methods. Evaluates and assesses patient/family readiness to learn; individualized learning ability; provides age specific education; initiates and reinforces as needed.
- Directs, educates and mentors staff in the use of sound clinical judgment (synthesis of clinical data and determination of subsequent plan) to create positive outcomes. Identifies areas of clinical practice, which present as ethical dilemmas; provides direction to and supports nursing/staff identifying resources and achieving resolution.
- Master of Nursing Degree required
- Graduate of an accredited Nurse practitioner program approved by the California Board of Registered Nurses
- Current State of California Registered Nurse and Nurse Practitioner License
- Current DEA license and Furnishing Number or eligibility to obtain
- National Certification or eligibility for certification as a Nurse Practitioner
- BLS from American Heart Association or American Red Cross
- A minimum of 3 years of acute care Nurse Practitioner experience preferred
- At least 2 years of oncology nursing experience preferred
- Research experience preferred
Keywords: Registered Nurse, RN, Nurse Practitioner, NP, Cancer, Oncology, Myeloma, Amyloidosis, Hospital, Medical Center, Los Angeles, CA, California
- Working Title: Nurse Practitioner - Multiple Myeloma Program
- Department: Hematology and Cell Therapy
- Business Entity: Academic / Research
- City: Los Angeles
- Job Category: Academic / Research, Family & Function
- Job Specialty: UNASSIGNED
- Position Type: Full-time
- Shift Length: 10 hour shift
- Shift Type: Day
Cedars-Sinai is an EEO employer. Cedars-Sinai does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of the race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, ancestry, physical or mental disability, legally protected medical condition (cancer-related or genetic characteristics or any genetic information), marital status, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, age (40 or older), military and/or veteran status or any other basis protected by federal or state law. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at Applicant_Accommodation@cshs.org and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.
Cedars-Sinai will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories, in accordance with the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring.
At Cedars-Sinai, we are dedicated to the safety, health and wellbeing of our patients and employees. This includes protecting our patients from communicable diseases, such as influenza (flu). For this reason, we require that all new employees receive a flu vaccine based on the seasonal availability of flu vaccine (typically during September through March each year) as a condition of employment, and annually thereafter as a condition of continued employment.
About Our Location
Los Angeles, CaliforniaView Map