- Information Technology
- Medical Network
Nurse Practitioner - Lung TransplantRequisition # HRC0392442A Apply Now
Are you ready to bring your clinical competencies to a world-class facility recognized as top ten in the United States for transplant services? Do you have a passion for the highest quality and patient satisfaction? Then please respond to this dynamic opportunity available with one of the best places to work in California! We would be happy to hear from you.
With world-class surgical and medical proficiency in lung, heart, liver, kidney, and pancreas transplantation, the Cedars-Sinai Comprehensive Transplant Center is one of the most successful facilities of its kind. Here, patients find a compassionate environment and hope for a longer, healthier life.
Cedars-Sinai is among the few medical centers in Southern California with Medicare certification for lung transplants. The center blends the multidisciplinary skills of an experienced team of surgeons, pulmonologists, diagnostic imaging specialists and specially trained transplant nurses to provide leading edge care for patients who can benefit from lung transplantation.
Lung transplant patients at Cedars-Sinai have access to all of the services and programs for which the Medical Center is renowned. These include the S. Mark Taper Imaging Center, with leading edge diagnostic technologies; state-of-the-art surgical suites; and the latest in new techniques such as video-assisted thoracoscopic surgery and minimally invasive surgical techniques and interventional pulmonology.
Summary of Essential Duties:
- Responsible and accountable for the application of the nursing process, supervision of clinical practice, research involvement, consultative services, inter and intradepartmental liaison, education, leadership, and patient care management across the health care continuum from preventative, to acute care through discharge.
- Outpatient management of patients who have undergone lung transplantation.
- Your practice will incorporate both independent decision making abilities and collaboration with the board certified/eligible physician to deliver expert care to the patients.
- The NP reports to the Service Line Director and performs under the direction of the assigned supervising physician.
- Serves as a patient advocate throughout the care process, and represents the facility at regional and national meetings
- MSN required
- Graduate of an accredited Nurse Practitioner program required
- Current State of California Registered Nurse and Nurse Practitioner License required
- National certification as a Nurse Practitioner required
- ACLS from the American Heart Association or American Red Cross required
- DEA license required or eligible to obtain
- A minimum of 3 years of acute care nursing experience required
- ICU and/or Transplant experience preferred
Keywords: Nurse Practitioner, NP, Transplant, Lung, Pulmonary, Critical Care, Intensive Care, ICU, Hospital, Medical Center, Los Angeles, CA, California
- Working Title: Nurse Practitioner - Lung Transplant
- Department: Lung Transplant 2
- Business Entity: Service Lines & Ops
- City: Los Angeles
- Job Category: Nursing
- Job Specialty: Advanced Practice (RN)
- Position Type: Full-time
- Shift Length: 8 hour shift
- Shift Type: Day
Cedars-Sinai is an EEO employer. Cedars-Sinai does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of the race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, ancestry, physical or mental disability, legally protected medical condition (cancer-related or genetic characteristics or any genetic information), marital status, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, age (40 or older), military and/or veteran status or any other basis protected by federal or state law. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at Applicant_Accommodation@cshs.org and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.
Cedars-Sinai will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories, in accordance with the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring.
At Cedars-Sinai, we are dedicated to the safety, health and wellbeing of our patients and employees. This includes protecting our patients from communicable diseases, such as influenza (flu). For this reason, we require that all new employees receive a flu vaccine based on the seasonal availability of flu vaccine (typically during September through March each year) as a condition of employment, and annually thereafter as a condition of continued employment.
About Our Location
Los Angeles, CaliforniaView Map