- Search Jobs
Choose Your Area Of Interest
Nurse Practitioner - Inpatient HepatologyRequisition # 19001879 Apply Now
Are you ready to bring your expert clinical skills to a world-class facility recognized as top ten in the United States for transplant services? Do you have a passion for the highest quality and patient satisfaction? Then please respond to this dynamic opportunity available with one of the best places to work in Southern California! We would be happy to hear from you.
With advanced surgical and medical knowledge in lung, heart, liver, kidney, and pancreas transplantation, the Cedars-Sinai Comprehensive Transplant Center is one of the most successful facilities of its kind. Here, patients find a compassionate environment and hope for a longer, healthier life.
We are seeking a compassionate, dedicated Nurse Practitioner to execute the following job duties with our inpatient Hepatology population.
- As an Inpatient Hepatology Nurse Practitioner, you will be responsible for the planning and coordination of all aspects of the work up and care for the patients in the Hepatology Program, throughout the continuum of services - from initial referral to follow up care.
- The Nurse Practitioner is responsible and accountable for the application of the nursing process, supervision of clinical practice, research involvement, consultative services, inter and intradepartmental liaison, education, leadership and patient care management across the health care continuum from preventative and acute care through discharge in addition to outpatient management.
- You will support the physician on service and serve as the clinical liaison between Medicine/Hepatology consultation service and the Liver Transplant Program; these inpatient consultations include pre-liver transplant evaluations, post-liver transplant management, and general hepatology services.
- In addition, you will use all of your clinical acumen to serve as a patient advocate throughout the care process and represent the medical center at regional and national meetings/conferences.
- Master’s of Nursing Degree (MSN) required
- Graduate of an accredited Nurse Practitioner program required
- Current State of California Registered Nurse and Nurse Practitioner License required
- National certification or eligibility for certification as an NP required
- Current ACLS certification from the American Heart Association required
- DEA license required (or eligibility to obtain)
- A minimum of 2 years of acute care nursing experience required
- Experience as a Nurse Practitioner preferred
- Experience with Hepatology patients desired
Keywords: Registered Nurse, RN, Nurse Practitioner, NP, Liver, Hepatology, Transplant, MSN, Inpatient, Hospital, Medical Center, Los Angeles, CA, California
- Working Title: Nurse Practitioner - Inpatient Hepatology
- Department: Liver Acquisition
- Business Entity: Service Lines & Ops
- City: Los Angeles
- Job Category: Nursing
- Job Specialty: Advanced Practice (RN)
- Position Type: Full-time
- Shift Length: 8 hour shift
- Shift Type: Day
Cedars-Sinai is an EEO employer. Cedars-Sinai does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of the race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, ancestry, physical or mental disability, legally protected medical condition (cancer-related or genetic characteristics or any genetic information), marital status, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, age (40 or older), military and/or veteran status or any other basis protected by federal or state law. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at Applicant_Accommodation@cshs.org and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.
Cedars-Sinai will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories, in accordance with the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring.
At Cedars-Sinai, we are dedicated to the safety, health and wellbeing of our patients and employees. This includes protecting our patients from communicable diseases, such as influenza (flu). For this reason, we require that all new employees receive a flu vaccine based on the seasonal availability of flu vaccine (typically during September through March each year) as a condition of employment, and annually thereafter as a condition of continued employment.
About Our Location
Los Angeles, CaliforniaView Map