Nurse Practitioner - Cardiovascular ( CVIC Preop & PACU )
Los Angeles, California
Advanced Practice Nurses play a pivotal role in the future of healthcare. They work in every area of medicine and can evaluate, diagnose, develop and implement treatment for a variety of conditions. As an Advanced Practice Nurse at Cedars-Sinai you'll help us improve the health of the Los Angeles community with your dedication to human caring.
- Full-time & Per-Diem
- Level: Mid – Senior
- Travel: Minimal (if any)
- Glassdoor Reviews and Company Rating
What makes a successful Advance Practice Nurse at Cedars-Sinai? Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Good listener
- Relationship expertise
- Team player
We offer many career paths to support your immediate and future success. Here is a sample.
Senior PA/NPSenior PA/NP
Lead PA/NPLead PA/NP
ResponsibilitiesRequisition # HRC0976593
Are you ready to bring your expert clinical skills to a world-class facility recognized as top ten in the country for cardiology? Do you have a passion for the highest quality and patient happiness? Then please respond to this dynamic opportunity available with one of the best places to work in Southern California! We would be happy to hear from you.
The Cardiovascular Intervention Center (CVIC) is a core element of the Smidt Heart Institute, performing more than 8,000 procedures a year. The department serves the populations of neonates to and including geriatrics. In this twelve-laboratory facility, we perform a wide range of diagnostic and therapeutic procedures for coronary artery disease, heart muscle function and heart valve dysfunction. The CVIC Nurse Practitioner in the CVIC PACU will be responsible for post procedure management of CVIC patients in collaboration with CVIC Proceduralists and other Provider staff.
Summary of Essential Job Duties:
• The Nurse Practitioner (NP) is responsible and accountable for the application of the nursing process, supervision of clinical practice, research involvement, consultative services, inter and intradepartmental liaison, education, leadership, and patient care management across the health care continuum from preventative, acute care through discharge. Proven track record in communication to staff in structuring/relaying information regarding patient diagnosis, management plan, and progress to the patient/client/family and the interdisciplinary team.
• Incorporate both independent decision making abilities and collaboration with the board certified/eligible physician to provide expert care to the patients.
• Responsible to the medical director and the chief nursing officer (CNO) and function as an integral part of the medical team.
• Enhance competency skills through continuing education programs.
• Demonstrate the ability to provide care to special patient population and those with diverse cultural background.
• Perform all job duties with sensitivity and attention to age and developmental milestones of the population(s) served which may include pediatric, adolescent, adult, and geriatric.
• Identify the ability of the age specific population served to follow direction/instructions and give consent.
• Identify safety concerns and institute measures to provide safe environment and provide appropriate assessment, intervention, and evaluation of patients with consideration of developmental milestones in the population served.
- Master of Nursing Degree required
- Graduate of California Registered Nurse Practitioner program approved by the CA Board of Registered Nursing
- Current State of CA Registered Nurse and Nurse Practitioner License required
- National Certification or eligibility for certification as a Nurse Practitioner required
- DEA license required or eligible to obtain
- NP Furnishing license required
- ACLS from the American Heart Association or American Red Cross required
- AGACNP or inpatient NP experience
- 3+ years experience as a staff nurse, preferably within the Cardiac ICU or Cardiac Cath Lab
- Previous NP experience strongly preferred
- Experience with Structural heart patients. (Transcutaneous valve replacements, etc)
Working Title:Nurse Practitioner - Cardiovascular ( CVIC Preop & PACU )
Business Entity:Service Lines & Ops
Job Specialty:Advanced Practice (RN)
Shift Length:8 hour shift
Cedars-Sinai is an EEO employer. Cedars-Sinai does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of the race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, ancestry, physical or mental disability, legally protected medical condition (cancer-related or genetic characteristics or any genetic information), marital status, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, age (40 or older), military and/or veteran status or any other basis protected by federal or state law. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at Applicant_Accommodation@cshs.org and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.
Cedars-Sinai will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories, in accordance with the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring.
At Cedars-Sinai, we are dedicated to the safety, health and wellbeing of our patients and employees. This includes protecting our patients from communicable diseases, such as influenza (flu) and COVID-19. For this reason, we require that all new employees receive a flu vaccine based on the seasonal availability of flu vaccine (typically during September through April each year) as a condition of employment, and annually thereafter as a condition of continued employment, subject to medical exemption or religious accommodation. For the same reason, you may also be required to receive other vaccines such as COVID-19 as a condition of employment. Cedars-Sinai reserves the right to make modifications to its required list of vaccines as required by law and/or policy.Apply Now Apply Later
Hear From Our People
"Cedars-Sinai offers a melting pot of clinical excellence and professionalism for the Advanced Practice Nurse, where opportunities abound for the both novice and experts alike"Maria Fe White, Associate Director of Clinical Transplant
Discover all the ways Cedars-Sinai appreciates your efforts.
Medical, Dental, Vision, Healthcare FSA, Dependent Care FSA, Health and Wellness Programs
Tuition Reimbursement, Professional Development
Maternity and Paternity Leave