- Search Jobs
Choose Your Area Of Interest
Nurse Practitioner - Cardiac Surgery ICU - NightsRequisition # 19000435 Apply Now
The Smidt Heart Institute is home to a distinguished team of experts who are setting the bar for cardiovascular care in the United States.
The Institute unites 16 centers and programs to diagnose and treat the full spectrum of heart and vascular conditions for all patients, from infants to those with advanced disease. Compassionate care is integrated with an agile research enterprise, giving patients access to pioneering treatments.
Led by Eduardo Marbán, MD, PhD, our faculty and attending physicians provide deep expertise across all specialties, including transplantation, stem cell therapy, congenital heart disease, women’s heart health, valve disorders, arrhythmia and hypertension.
Summary of Essential Job Duties:
- Under the supervision of the cardiothoracic surgery intensivists and within the Nurse Practitioner's competence, the nurse practitioner provides medical services to adult cardiac surgical patients.
- The Nurse Practitioner will care for the patients in the Cardiac Surgery ICU ranging from CABG and valve replacement/repairs to implantable VADs, Heart and Lung transplants, ECMO, aortic dissections, and aneurysm repairs.
- In addition, the nurse practitioner will perform bedside procedures within the scope of service, will write progress notes, participate in daily rounds, write orders, dictate discharge notes, and participate in hospital wide quality improvement initiatives.
- The nurse practitioner will collaborate with multidisciplinary team members, and ensure continuity of care.
- MSN or DNP required
- Graduate of an accredited Nurse practitioner program
- Current State of California Registered Nurse and Nurse Practitioner License
- National Certification by respective accredited professional nursing organization such as the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC), American Academy of Nurse Practitioners (AANP).
- Current NP Furnishing License / DEA (or eligibility to obtain)
- Current BLS/ACLS certification from the American Heart Association
- New Nurse Practitioner graduates who are eligible for national certification will be allowed a period of one year from the date of their training program graduation to obtain national certification.
- A minimum of 2 (two) years of acute care hospital nursing experience required
- A minimum of 2 (two) years experience with managing cardiothoracic surgery patients or cardiac patients is preferred
- At least 1 year of ICU experience is a MUST
- Working knowledge of managing device patients preferred
- Working experience as a Nurse Practitioner preferred
Keywords: Registered Nurse, Nurse Practitioner, Cardiac, Cardiovascular, ICU, Intensive Care Unit, Heart, Coronary, Hospital, Medical Center, Los Angeles, CA, California
- Working Title: Nurse Practitioner - Cardiac Surgery ICU - Nights
- Department: Cardiac Intensivists ICU
- Business Entity: Service Lines & Ops
- City: Los Angeles
- Job Category: Nursing
- Job Specialty: Advanced Practice (RN)
- Position Type: Full-time
- Shift Length: 12 hour shift
- Shift Type: Night
Cedars-Sinai is an EEO employer. Cedars-Sinai does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of the race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, ancestry, physical or mental disability, legally protected medical condition (cancer-related or genetic characteristics or any genetic information), marital status, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, age (40 or older), military and/or veteran status or any other basis protected by federal or state law. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at Applicant_Accommodation@cshs.org and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.
Cedars-Sinai will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories, in accordance with the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring.
At Cedars-Sinai, we are dedicated to the safety, health and wellbeing of our patients and employees. This includes protecting our patients from communicable diseases, such as influenza (flu). For this reason, we require that all new employees receive a flu vaccine based on the seasonal availability of flu vaccine (typically during September through March each year) as a condition of employment, and annually thereafter as a condition of continued employment.
About Our Location
Los Angeles, CaliforniaView Map