- Information Technology
- Medical Network
Nurse Practitioner - Acute Care Surgery & TraumaRequisition # HRC0350538 Apply Now
Make a difference every single day
When the work you do every single day has a crucial impact on the lives of others, every effort, every detail, and every second matters. This shared culture of happiness, passion and dedication pulses through Cedars-Sinai, and it’s just one of the many reasons we’ve achieved our fifth consecutive Magnet designation for nursing excellence. From working with a team of dedicated healthcare professionals to using state-of-the-art facilities, you’ll have everything you need to do something incredible—for yourself, and for others. Join us, and discover why U.S. News & World Report has named us one of America’s Best Hospitals.
As a Nurse Practitioner for Trauma/ACS Service, you will be responsible and accountable for the application of the nursing process, supervision of clinical practices, research involvement, consultative services, inter and intra-departmental liaison, education, leadership and patient care management across the health care continuum from preventative, acute care through discharge.
- You will be responsible for evaluating patients on the Department of Surgery residency program's consult service and Acute Care Surgery service.
- You will assist the Trauma/Acute Care Surgery team with rounding on patients in the surgical intensive care unit and the inpatient wards.
- You will assist with writing notes, following up on daily tasks for inpatients and may assist with new consults.
- You may participate in outpatient clinic coverage when needed.
- The Nurse Practitioner reports to the Executive Director and performs under the direction of the assigned supervising physician.
- You will serve as a patient advocate throughout the care process.
- You will incorporate both independent decision-making abilities and collaboration with the board certified/eligible physician to deliver expert care to the patients.
- You will demonstrates the ability to deliver care to special patient population and those with diverse cultural background.
- You will performs all job duties with sensitivity and attention to age and developmental achievements of the population(s) served which may include neonate, infant, pediatric, adolescent, adult, and geriatric.
- You will identify the ability of the age specific population served to follow direction/instructions and give consent.
- You will identify safety concerns and institute measures to deliver safe environment and provide appropriate assessment, intervention, and evaluation of patients with consideration of developmental achievements in the population served.
- You will participate annually in continuing trauma-related education.
- Master of Nursing Degree required
- Graduate of an accredited Nurse practitioner program approved by the California Board of Registered required
- Current State of California Registered Nurse and Nurse Practitioner License required
- Current DEA license and Furnishing Number required or eligibility to obtain
- National Certification or eligibility for certification as a Nurse Practitioner required
- ACLS from American Heart Association or American Red Cross required
- Must have successfully completed the following courses (or must successfully complete these courses within 3 months of hire)
1. Advanced Trauma Life Support
2. Trauma Care After Resuscitation
- Minimum of 2 years acute care hospital nursing experience required
- Previous experience in caring for trauma and acute care surgery patients preferred.
- Working Title: Nurse Practitioner - Acute Care Surgery & Trauma
- Department: Minimally Invasive Surg M/S
- Business Entity: Academic / Research
- City: Los Angeles
- Job Category: Nursing
- Job Specialty: Advanced Practice (RN)
- Position Type: Full-time
- Shift Length: 8 hour shift
- Shift Type: Day
Cedars-Sinai is an EEO employer. Cedars-Sinai does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of the race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, ancestry, physical or mental disability, legally protected medical condition (cancer-related or genetic characteristics or any genetic information), marital status, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, age (40 or older), military and/or veteran status or any other basis protected by federal or state law. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at Applicant_Accommodation@cshs.org and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.
Cedars-Sinai will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories, in accordance with the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring.
At Cedars-Sinai, we are dedicated to the safety, health and wellbeing of our patients and employees. This includes protecting our patients from communicable diseases, such as influenza (flu). For this reason, we require that all new employees receive a flu vaccine based on the seasonal availability of flu vaccine (typically during September through March each year) as a condition of employment, and annually thereafter as a condition of continued employment.
About Our Location
Los Angeles, CaliforniaView Map