Nuclear Medicine Tech I - 8-Hour Day Shift - $7,500 Hiring Incentive!
Los Angeles, California
Making a difference is difficult, but if you’re like us, you’ll know it is well worth it. As an imaging professional at Cedars-Sinai you’ll have state-of-the-art imaging technology at your disposal to help provide innovative treatment options in a compassionate environment to those that need it the most. You'll work alongside distinguished physicians and some of the most talented staff in the industry doing the incredible – for yourself and for others.
- Full-time & Per-Diem
- Level: Mid to Senior
- Travel: Minimal (if any)
- Glassdoor Reviews and Company Rating
What makes a successful member of our Imaging team at Cedars-Sinai? Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Technologically savvy
- Good listener
ResponsibilitiesRequisition # HRC1350347
Would you like to be part of a team of colleagues that employs pioneering, innovative techniques to treat a variety of conditions with less risk, less pain and as little stress as possible? Do you have a passion for the highest quality and patient happiness? Then please respond to this dynamic opportunity available with one of the best places to work in Southern California! We would be happy to hear from you. Cedars-Sinai has been ranked the #1 hospital in California and #2 hospital in the nation by U.S. News & World Report, 2022-23.
Each year, almost 500,000 inpatient and outpatient exams and procedures are performed and interpreted at Cedars-Sinai Medical Center. Our radiologists & imaging specialists are board certified by the American Board of Radiology in their respective subspecialties. Our subspecialized imaging physicians, American College of Radiology certified technologists and customer-service oriented staff provide our patients with brand-new imaging technologies and innovative treatment options in a compassionate environment.
As a Nuclear Medicine Technologist, you will perform Nuclear Medicine studies from basic to somewhat complex protocols and therapies and transport medications from the delivery area to an authorized imaging or prep area while demonstrating medication and radiation safety and security.
Summary of Essential Duties:
- Performs Nuclear Medicine/therapy, Positron Emission Tomography (PET), and Computed Tomography (CT) exams on gamma, hybrid, and portable scanners, as well as radionuclide therapy
- Reviews all Nuclear Medicine/therapy, PET and CT images and monitors for accuracy and prepares/sends images to designated viewing systems
- Performs section specific imaging QC using established technical factors and image identification
- Maintains room supply inventory to meet procedure requirements
- May assist physicians performing procedures and ensures all supplies and/or devices are prepared and available in accordance with sterile technique and infection control policies and practices
- Prepares and administers radiopharmaceuticals/medications to include imaging and adjunctive medications and follows hospital guidelines in the handling of radioactive/non-radioactive medications in compliance with all medication and radiation safety requirements
- Operates, calibrates and maintains imaging equipment and accessory instruments used in exams
- Recognizes and reports defective equipment immediately and marks equipment as “out of service”
- Participates in performance improvement activities and other department/organizational committees, such as The Joint Commission, safety audits, turn around time (TAT) projects, and customer service
- Expected to assist in maintaining records associated with IAC accreditation
- High School Diploma or GED required
- Graduate of a JRCERT accredited radiological program required
Licenses & Certifications:
- Nuclear Medicine Certification (CNMT) from The Nuclear Medicine Technologist Certification Board, or an R.T. (ARRT, N) from the American Registry of Radiologic Technologists (ARRT) required
- California Nuclear Medicine Technologist required
- CT certification from ARRT preferred or willing to obtain within one year from start date
- BLS from the American Heart Association or American Red Cross required
- 2 years of Nuclear Medicine experience preferred
Keywords: Nuclear Medicine, Tech, Technician, Technologist, PET, PT, Imaging, Healthcare, Medical Center, Hospital, Los Angeles, CA, California
Working Title: Nuclear Medicine Tech I - 8-Hour Day Shift - $7,500 Hiring Incentive!
Department: Nuclear Med
Business Entity: Cedars-Sinai Medical Center
Job Category: Imaging
Job Specialty: Nuclear/Invasive
Position Type: Full-time
Shift Length: 8 hour shift
Shift Type: Day
Base Pay:$40.82 - $63.27
Our compensation philosophy
We offer competitive total compensation that includes pay, benefits, and other recognition programs for our employees. The base pay range shown above takes into account the wide range of factors that are considered in making compensation decisions including knowledge/skills; relevant experience and training; education/certifications/licensure; and other business and organizational factors. This base pay range does not include our comprehensive benefits package and any incentive payments that may be applicable to this role. Cedars - Sinai 's EEO and AA Policy Statement
Diversity and Inclusion at Cedars-Sinai
We are caretakers and innovators committed to the pursuit of equitable healthcare. But health equity is not possible without representation. Our commitment to diversity goes beyond demographics or checking boxes. Our people must reflect the diverse identities, experiences and geographies of the communities and patients we serve – because that’s what our patients, colleagues and communities deserve. Quality Care and Research—For All, By All.
Cedars-Sinai is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer.
Cedars-Sinai does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of the race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, ancestry, physical or mental disability, legally protected medical condition (cancer-related or genetic characteristics or any genetic information), marital status, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, age (40 or older), military and/or veteran status or any other basis protected by federal or state law. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at Applicant_Accommodation@cshs.org and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.
Cedars-Sinai will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories, in accordance with the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring.
At Cedars-Sinai, we are dedicated to the safety, health and wellbeing of our patients and employees. This includes protecting our patients from communicable diseases, such as influenza (flu) and COVID-19. For this reason, we require that all new employees receive a flu vaccine based on the seasonal availability of flu vaccine (typically during September through April each year) as a condition of employment, and annually thereafter as a condition of continued employment, subject to medical exemption or religious accommodation. For the same reason, you may also be required to receive other vaccines such as COVID-19 as a condition of employment. Cedars-Sinai reserves the right to make modifications to its required list of vaccines as required by law and/or policy. Cedars - Sinai 's EEO and AA Policy Statement
Hear From Our People
“Cedars-Sinai is an incredible place to work. Since I began working here, I have felt like I am making a difference in the care of many patients. Cedars-Sinai is at the forefront of so much new research and technology, and it is thrilling to come to work at a place where I get to challenge myself and constantly learn new things, while simultaneously working in a wonderful team environment with many other MRI technologists. I am proud to work at an organization with so many other talented individuals whose primary goal is to provide the absolute best care to our patients.”– Thomas Tetrick B.S.R.S CRT ARRT (R)(MR)(CT) MRI Technologist
“Working in the Imaging department with people that treat you like family after 25yrs of service is the best felling you can have…”– Liliana E. Gomez, Imaging Team Leader
“I love working at Cedar Sinai for many reasons. The management is great, and they always try to work toward employees and patients’ satisfaction. It’s a very well-organized hospital… [and] a challenging place, where every day is a learning day and you can grow more.”– Saeideh Hashemzadeh, MRI Technologist
Discover all the ways Cedars-Sinai appreciates your efforts.
Health and Wellness Programs