Los Angeles, California
Here at Cedars-Sinai, our projects represent a new age in medical research and innovation, and we’re proud of the progress our team continues to make. Together, we can match the right treatment to the right patient at the right time for the best possible outcomes.
- Full Time
- Level: Mid
- Travel: No
- Glassdoor Reviews and Company Rating
What makes a successful IT professional at Cedars-Sinai? Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Digitally savvy
ResponsibilitiesRequisition # HRC0984226
Grow your career at Cedars-Sinai!
The Enterprise Information Services (EIS) team at Cedars-Sinai understands that true clinical transformation and the optimization of a clinical information systems implementation is fueled through the alignment of people, processes, and technologies.
Why work here?
Voted #1 in California and #2 in the Nation by U.S. News Best Hospitals in 2022-2023. Beyond an outstanding benefit package and competitive salaries, we take pride in hiring the best, most committed employees. Our staff reflects the culturally and ethnically diverse community we serve. They are proof of our dedication to creating a multifaceted, inclusive environment that fuels innovation and the gold standard of patient care we strive for.
What will you be doing in this role:
The Network Engineer performs a broad variety of technical engineering support being responsible for the Health Systems data communications network. Helps set and implement standards, policies and procedures, and works as a liaison with contractors/vendors to ensure the integrity and security of the network. Performs maintenance and upgrades of networks, including servers, routers, switches, firewalls, remote access systems, and network management systems. Monitor network connectivity and ensure high quality data transmission. Provides technical support to various groups and users with regards to LAN/MAN/WAN/Security/Wireless and cloud-based networks. Supports day-to-day issues and maintains the enterprise Service Level Agreements (SLA).
- Leads the technical engineering planning, design and architecture for monitoring and running a global healthcare network, security, and wireless infrastructure.
- Create and maintain documentation; maintain hardware and software standards, and evaluate new products and solutions related to business requirements.
- Develop and modify technology networks, addressing functional, performance, security, quality, operations, and monitoring needs in an efficient and productive manner.
- Provide technical guidance and mentoring of other engineers including the quality review and engineering decisions of their work.
- Requires staying ahead of on network engineering and automation approaches, technologies, and techniques.
- Seven (7)+ years supporting LAN/WAN networks in large (10,000+ user) environments (preferred)
- Three (3)+ years of experience as a Network Engineer in a complex multiplatform, multi-protocol environment.
- Good understanding of networking/security topologies and protocols
- Knowledge of Cisco IOS/Nexus OS/ Cisco FTD/Cisco ASA
- Knowledge of technologies related to MPLS, QoS, BGP, OSPF, VRF's, and Traffic Engineering
- Experience with Network Access Control and other perimeter security technologies
- Knowledge of Security products and technologies: IPS, Malware, Hardware, Site to Site VPN, NAT/PAT, DNA, SDA
- Understanding of F5/NetScaler load balancing products
- Knowledge of wireless technologies 802.11a/b/g/n/ac/ax
- Ability to read packet traces to identify source of problems
- Experience with selection and strategic direction of network, security and wi-fi technologies
Bachelor's degree in Information Technology, Computer Engineering, or a related field. (preferred)
CCNA minimum requirement. CCNP, CISSP, and/or CCSP preferred.
Working Title:Network Engineer
Business Entity:Corporate Services
Job Category:,Information Technology,Information Technology
Job Specialty:Network & Systems Engineering
Shift Length:8 hour shift
Cedars-Sinai is an EEO employer. Cedars-Sinai does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of the race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, ancestry, physical or mental disability, legally protected medical condition (cancer-related or genetic characteristics or any genetic information), marital status, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, age (40 or older), military and/or veteran status or any other basis protected by federal or state law. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at Applicant_Accommodation@cshs.org and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.
Cedars-Sinai will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories, in accordance with the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring.
At Cedars-Sinai, we are dedicated to the safety, health and wellbeing of our patients and employees. This includes protecting our patients from communicable diseases, such as influenza (flu) and COVID-19. For this reason, we require that all new employees receive a flu vaccine based on the seasonal availability of flu vaccine (typically during September through April each year) as a condition of employment, and annually thereafter as a condition of continued employment, subject to medical exemption or religious accommodation. For the same reason, you may also be required to receive other vaccines such as COVID-19 as a condition of employment. Cedars-Sinai reserves the right to make modifications to its required list of vaccines as required by law and/or policy.Apply NowApply Later
Discover all the ways Cedars-Sinai appreciates your efforts.
Medical, Dental, Vision, Healthcare FSA, Dependent Care FSA, Health and Wellness Programs
Expand your horizons by working and learning along side the best in the industry.
Awards & Recognition
We are committed to creating an inclusive environment.