Grow your career at Cedars-Sinai!
The Enterprise Information Services (EIS) team at Cedars-Sinai understands that true clinical transformation and the optimization of a clinical information systems implementation is fueled through the alignment of the right people, processes and technologies.
Why work here?
Beyond an outstanding benefit package and competitive salaries, we take pride in hiring the best, most committed employees. Our staff reflects the culturally and ethnically diverse community we serve. They are proof of our dedication to creating a multifaceted, inclusive environment that fuels innovation and the gold standard of patient care we strive for.
What you will be doing:
The Network Engineer performs a broad variety of technical engineering support for monitoring and running the Health Systems data communications network. Helps set and implement standards, policies, and procedures. Works as a liaison with contractors/vendors to ensure the integrity and security of the network. Performs maintenance and upgrades of networks including servers, routers, switches, firewalls, remote access systems, and network management systems. Monitor network connectivity and ensure high quality data transmission. Provides technical support to various groups and users with regards to LAN/MAN/WAN/Security/Wireless and cloud-based networks. Supports day-to-day issues and maintains the enterprise Service Level Agreements (SLA).
- Responsible for the implementation, maintenance, and modification of hardware application software to monitor and manage the data communications network.
- Evaluates new applications, determines their effect on the existing network infrastructure; recommends and may be responsible for any vital network improvements.
- Responsible for the identification and resolution of hardware and software technical problems and malfunctions related to networks and security.
- Functions as part of a team that provides 24x7 support for the applications and systems needed to maintain network security and integrity.
- Promotes governance and compliance with security standards, policies and procedures as well as maintain the Health Systems network security infrastructure with respects to functionality, performance, scalability, process, and reliability.
- Participates or collaborates in policy creation, performing periodic security reviews of existing network infrastructure and drive the requirements and solution definition process for new CSHS network security infrastructure.
- 5+ years’ experience working as a Network Engineer at an organization with 400 or more network devices (Switches/Routers) in a sophisticated multi-platform, multi-protocol environment.
- Experience with implementation of security and network technologies - perform concept and testing to network design and solutions, vulnerability and penetration testing, and threat mitigation.
- Experience with; Wireless, Ethernet, Ethernet Switching, IP, IP Assignment, VPN, Security Devices (IPS, ISE), Firewalls, Security Protocols.
- Solid grasp of all aspects of LAN and WAN operation, routing, topology, network protocols, TCP/IP, OSPF, BGP, MPLS, etc.
- Good Experience in network monitoring, analysis, management, and configuration tools; ie, Spectrum, SolarWinds, StealthWatch, TruView, etc.
- Hands on experience with network/security vendors such as Cisco, Palo Alto, Meraki, F5, Citrix, and InfoBlox preferred.
Bachelor’s Degree in an IT or engineering field.
Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA) required. (CCNA Security or Wireless preferred)
Cisco Certified Network Professional (CCNP Routing/Switching) preferred.
Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP) preferred.
Certified Cloud Security Professional (CCSP) preferred.
- Working Title: Network Engineer
- Department: Technology Operations
- Business Entity: Corporate Services
- City: Los Angeles
- Job Category: Information Technology
- Job Specialty: Network & Systems Engineering
- Position Type: Full-time
- Shift Length: 8 hour shift
- Shift Type: Full-time
Cedars-Sinai is an EEO employer. Cedars-Sinai does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of the race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, ancestry, physical or mental disability, legally protected medical condition (cancer-related or genetic characteristics or any genetic information), marital status, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, age (40 or older), military and/or veteran status or any other basis protected by federal or state law. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at Applicant_Accommodation@cshs.org and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.
Cedars-Sinai will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories, in accordance with the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring.
At Cedars-Sinai, we are dedicated to the safety, health and wellbeing of our patients and employees. This includes protecting our patients from communicable diseases, such as influenza (flu). For this reason, we require that all new employees receive a flu vaccine based on the seasonal availability of flu vaccine (typically during September through March each year) as a condition of employment, and annually thereafter as a condition of continued employment.Apply NowApply Later