- Information Technology
- Medical Network
Neonatal Nurse Practitioner -Per DiemRequisition # 20001817 Apply Now
Make a difference every single day
When the work you do every single day has a crucial impact on the lives of others, every effort, every detail, and every second matters. This shared culture of happiness, passion and dedication pulses through Cedars-Sinai, and it’s just one of the many reasons we’ve achieved our fifth consecutive Magnet designation for nursing excellence. From working with a team of dedicated healthcare professionals to using state-of-the-art facilities, you’ll have everything you need to do something incredible—for yourself, and for others. Join us, and discover why U.S. News & World Report has named us one of America’s Best Hospitals.
Our world-class, 45-bed, Level III, Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU) admits nearly 700 infants per year, dedicated to delivering the highest quality care for all newborns, ranging from healthy neonates to sick or premature newborns requiring close observation or intensive care. We are one of the largest in Southern California and unmatched in the United States for its state-of-the-art design and technology.
As a Neonatal Nurse Practitioner, you will be responsible and accountable for the application of the nursing process, supervision of clinical practices, research involvement, consultative services, inter and intra-departmental liaison, education, leadership and patient care management across the health care continuum from preventative, acute care through discharge.
- You will incorporate both independent decision making abilities and collaboration with the board certified/eligible physician to deliver expert care to the patients.
- You will be responsible to the medical director and the chief nursing officer (CNO) and functions as an integral part of the medical team.
- You will provide individualized care upholding CSHS philosophies including but not limited to care consistent with Nursing Standards of Care/Practice, the Plan for Provision of Nursing Care, the Plan for Provision of Patient Care, the Performance Improvement Plan, the Patient Education Plan, the Professional Organization Standards, Code of Conduct, and hospital and departmental policies and procedures.
- You will demonstrates the ability to deliver care to special patient population and those with diverse cultural background.
- You will performs all job duties with sensitivity and attention to age and developmental achievements of the population(s) served which may include neonate, infant, pediatric, adolescent, adult, and geriatric.
- You will identify the ability of the age specific population served to follow direction/instructions and give consent.
- You will identify safety concerns and institute measures to deliver safe environment and provide appropriate assessment, intervention, and evaluation of patients with consideration of developmental achievements in the population served.
- Master of Nursing Degree required
- Graduate of an accredited Nurse practitioner program approved by the California Board of Registered.
- Current State of California Registered Nurse and Nurse Practitioner License. DEA license and Furnishing Number
- National Certification or eligibility for certification as a Nurse Practitioner.
- BLS from American Heart Association
- Minimum of 3 years experience as a staff nurse.
- Working Title: Neonatal Nurse Practitioner -Per Diem
- Department: Neonatology
- Business Entity: Academic / Research
- City: Los Angeles
- Job Category: Nursing
- Job Specialty: Advanced Practice (RN)
- Position Type: Per Diem
- Shift Length: 8 hour shift
- Shift Type: Night
Cedars-Sinai is an EEO employer. Cedars-Sinai does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of the race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, ancestry, physical or mental disability, legally protected medical condition (cancer-related or genetic characteristics or any genetic information), marital status, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, age (40 or older), military and/or veteran status or any other basis protected by federal or state law. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at Applicant_Accommodation@cshs.org and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.
Cedars-Sinai will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories, in accordance with the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring.
At Cedars-Sinai, we are dedicated to the safety, health and wellbeing of our patients and employees. This includes protecting our patients from communicable diseases, such as influenza (flu). For this reason, we require that all new employees receive a flu vaccine based on the seasonal availability of flu vaccine (typically during September through March each year) as a condition of employment, and annually thereafter as a condition of continued employment.
About Our Location
Los Angeles, CaliforniaView Map