Multi-Modality Tech - Kerlan Jobe Orthopedic Clinic - Per Diem 8 Hour Days
Los Angeles, California
Making a difference is difficult, but if you’re like us, you’ll know it is well worth it. As an imaging professional at Cedars-Sinai you’ll have state-of-the-art imaging technology at your disposal to help provide innovative treatment options in a compassionate environment to those that need it the most. You'll work alongside distinguished physicians and some of the most talented staff in the industry doing the incredible – for yourself and for others.
- Full-time & Per-Diem
- Level: Mid to Senior
- Travel: Minimal (if any)
- Glassdoor Reviews and Company Rating
What makes a successful member of our Imaging team at Cedars-Sinai? Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Technologically savvy
- Good listener
ResponsibilitiesRequisition # HRC0941185
Cedars-Sinai was awarded the Advisory Board Company’s Workplace of the Year which is an award that recognizes hospitals and health systems nationwide that have outstanding levels of employee engagement. We also have a great benefits package and competitive compensation which explains why U.S. News & World Report has named us one of America’s Best Hospitals!
Why work here?
Beyond outstanding employee benefits including health and dental insurance, vacation, and a 403(b) we take pride in hiring the best employees. Our accomplished staff reflects the culturally and ethnically diverse community we serve. They are proof of our dedication to creating a dynamic, inclusive environment that fuels innovation.
A Little More About What You Will be Doing
The Multi-Modality Technologist provides the essential service of generating images of the body for diagnostic purposes with diagnostic imaging equipment as advised by Radiologists, in accordance with the company policies and procedure manuals utilizing Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI) modality and one or more of the following modalities: Computed Tomography (CT) and/or Fluoroscopy.
- Prepares and checks patients prior to Imaging procedure. Accurately screens all patients and personnel prior to admittance into the MR magnet room
- Acquires patient questionnaire, chart, data/requisition and reviews all to determine contraindication of having Imaging examination
- Verifies and validates patient screening safety form including allergies. Performs Imaging procedures required per protocol, daily QA/QC and calibration
- Performs venipunctures, draws specimens and maintains competencies
- Educates patients regarding Imaging procedures, equipment and exam
- Prepares and administers appropriate paramagnetic contrast media for Imaging exam
- Assoc. Degree/College Diploma required. Completion of course in Radiologic technology approved by the American Registry of Radiologic Technologists
- 2 years experience as a General Radiologic Technologist required
- 2 years experience in Oncology Practices - PET/CT and/or NM imaging modalities preferred
- Experience in both MRI and CT imaging modalities preferred
- Imaging Registered Rad Tech (ARRT) required
- Imaging CA Radiologic Tech (CRT) CA required
- Fluoroscopy License required
- Basic Life Support (BLS) American Heart Association or American Red Cross required
- Working Title: Multi-Modality Tech - Kerlan Jobe Orthopedic Clinic - Per Diem 8 Hour Days
- Department: KJOC Diagnostics
- Business Entity: Medical Network Foundation
- City: Los Angeles
- Job Category: Imaging
- Job Specialty: Diagnostic Imaging
- Position Type: Per Diem
- Shift Length: 8 hour shift
- Shift Type: Day
Cedars-Sinai is an EEO employer. Cedars-Sinai does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of the race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, ancestry, physical or mental disability, legally protected medical condition (cancer-related or genetic characteristics or any genetic information), marital status, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, age (40 or older), military and/or veteran status or any other basis protected by federal or state law. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at Applicant_Accommodation@cshs.org and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.
Cedars-Sinai will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories, in accordance with the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring.
At Cedars-Sinai, we are dedicated to the safety, health and wellbeing of our patients and employees. This includes protecting our patients from communicable diseases, such as influenza (flu) and COVID-19. For this reason, we require that all new employees receive a flu vaccine based on the seasonal availability of flu vaccine (typically during September through April each year) as a condition of employment, and annually thereafter as a condition of continued employment, subject to medical exemption or religious accommodation. For the same reason, you may also be required to receive other vaccines such as COVID-19 as a condition of employment. Cedars-Sinai reserves the right to make modifications to its required list of vaccines as required by law and/or policy.Apply Now Apply Later
Hear From Our People
“Cedars-Sinai is an incredible place to work. Since I began working here, I have felt like I am making a difference in the care of many patients. Cedars-Sinai is at the forefront of so much new research and technology, and it is thrilling to come to work at a place where I get to challenge myself and constantly learn new things, while simultaneously working in a wonderful team environment with many other MRI technologists. I am proud to work at an organization with so many other talented individuals whose primary goal is to provide the absolute best care to our patients.”– Thomas Tetrick B.S.R.S CRT ARRT (R)(MR)(CT) MRI Technologist
“Working in the Imaging department with people that treat you like family after 25yrs of service is the best felling you can have…”– Liliana E. Gomez, Imaging Team Leader
“I love working at Cedar Sinai for many reasons. The management is great, and they always try to work toward employees and patients’ satisfaction. It’s a very well-organized hospital… [and] a challenging place, where every day is a learning day and you can grow more.”– Saeideh Hashemzadeh, MRI Technologist
Discover all the ways Cedars-Sinai appreciates your efforts.
Health and Wellness Programs