Mental Health Worker / Certified Nursing Assistant - Nursing Resources - 12hrs NightsRequisition # 19000324 Apply Now
Cedars-Sinai is a national leader in providing high-quality, patient-centered healthcare encompassing primary care as well as specialized medicine and conducting research that leads to lifesaving discoveries and innovations. Since its beginning in 1902, Cedars-Sinai has evolved to meet the healthcare needs of one of the most diverse regions in the nation, continually setting new standards in quality and innovation in patient care, research, teaching and community service. Today, Cedars-Sinai is widely known for its national leadership in transforming healthcare for the benefit of patients. Cedars-Sinai impacts the future of healthcare globally by developing new approaches to treatment and educating tomorrow’s physicians and other health professionals. At the same time, Cedars-Sinai demonstrates a long-standing commitment to strengthening the Los Angeles community through wide-ranging programs that improve the health of its most vulnerable residents.
The Nursing Resources Office acts a resource for appropriate allocation of Nursing services. We provide supplemental staffing to all clinical areas where nursing is practiced. The Nursing Supervisors/ Administrator on duty (AOD) are available as a resource to all staff, families and visitors. As an Administrator on Duty, the Nursing Supervisor evaluates, directs and supervises overall medical center activities during the tour of duty. The AOD manages the supplemental staff such as Career float pool, Per Diem Staff, Travelers, Agency Staff, Interpreter Services and the team of Crisis Nurses.
The Nursing Resources Department has an exciting position available for a Mental Health Worker / Certified Nursing Assistant
- You will assist patients with ADL's i.e. walking, assist patient with eating/feeding patients, toileting (including dispensing bedpans and retrieving same), turning, changing bed linen, bathing, hygiene
- You will report change in patient condition promptly to the Registered Nurse
- You will perform and records vital signs, I&O, and consumption of food
- You will interact with patients in a therapeutic manner
- Assist with de-escalating and restraining patients as directed
- Identify safety concerns and institutes measures to provide a safe environment
- You will maintain and document restraint Log
- You will deliver care to patients with consideration of developmental milestones in the adult and geriatric population
- Maintain competency/skills including the ability to deliver care for patient populations and patients with diverse cultural backgrounds.
- Maintain the patient environment neat and clean
- You will transport patients using proper body mechanics and appropriate assistive devices as indicated and approved.
- Assure Rooms are ready for new admissions when needed to facilitate patient flow.
- Assist with orientation and development of new Mental Health Workers
- You will accompany patients to tests/procedures/court appointments
- Maintain Annual competencies completed annually
- Positive, professional demeanor through verbal and non-verbal communications
- Information for staff and patients delivered in a timely manner that is encouraging, timely and understandable
- Maintain language and behaviors that build inclusiveness in the work environment
- Maintain privacy at all times for patients and employee information
- Participation in Performance Improvement activities and initiatives is ongoing
- License/Certifications Requirements:
- High school diploma required. Associates degree in mental health technology preferred
- Current and Active Certified Nursing Assistant certification required
- BLS from American Heart Association
- Minimum of three years acute care hospital experience to include 1 year of behavioral health
- Physical Demands:
- lifting/standing/walking/ prolonged sitting
- Working Title: Mental Health Worker / Certified Nursing Assistant - Nursing Resources - 12hrs Nights
- Department: NSG Float
- Business Entity: Nursing
- City: Los Angeles
- Job Category: Nursing
- Job Specialty: Nursing
- Position Type: Full-time
- Shift Length: 12 hour shift
- Shift Type: Full-time
Cedars-Sinai is an EEO employer. Cedars-Sinai does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of the race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, ancestry, physical or mental disability, legally protected medical condition (cancer-related or genetic characteristics or any genetic information), marital status, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, age (40 or older), military and/or veteran status or any other basis protected by federal or state law. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at Applicant_Accommodation@cshs.org and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.
Cedars-Sinai will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories, in accordance with the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring.
At Cedars-Sinai, we are dedicated to the safety, health and wellbeing of our patients and employees. This includes protecting our patients from communicable diseases, such as influenza (flu). For this reason, we require that all new employees receive a flu vaccine based on the seasonal availability of flu vaccine (typically during September through March each year) as a condition of employment, and annually thereafter as a condition of continued employment.
About Our Location
Los Angeles, CaliforniaView Map