- Search Jobs
Choose Your Area Of Interest
Medical Scribe - Outpatient Oncology ClinicRequisition # 19000581 Apply Now
The Angeles Clinic & Research Institute has established an international reputation for developing new cancer therapies, providing the best in experimental and traditional treatments, and expertly guiding and training the next generation of clinicians. We are committed to bringing innovative therapeutic options to all of our patients with cancer. Our board-certified fellowship-trained medical oncologists, surgeons, immunotherapists, pathologists, and dermatologists work closely together to advance cancer care.
- Accompany the physician during the patient encounter.
- Transcribe the physician dictated patient history, including history of present illness, review of systems, past medical, surgical, family and social histories, medication and allergies.
- Transcribe the physical examination findings and procedures as performed by the physician.
- Transcribe the results of laboratory and radiographic studies as directed by the physician.
- Transcribe patient education and explanations of risks and benefits as performed by the physician.
- Pend orders for referrals, tests, medications and procedures as directed by the physician.
- Transcribe all proper diagnoses and symptoms as well as follow up instructions and prescriptions as directed by the physician.
- Prepare and edit scribed document for physician review and signature.
- High School Diploma or GED
- College education in related health field strongly preferred
- Current Basic Life Support (BLS) certification from the American Heart Association required
- A minimum of 6 months of experience as a Medical Scribe or related experience and/or training required
Keywords: Medical Scribe, Transcription, Medical Records, Oncology, Hematology, Cancer, Los Angeles, CA, California
- Working Title: Medical Scribe - Outpatient Oncology Clinic
- Department: Angeles Clinic - Wilshire
- Business Entity: Medical Network Foundation
- City: Los Angeles
- Job Category: Administrative
- Job Specialty: Administrative
- Position Type: Full-time
- Shift Length: 8 hour shift
- Shift Type: Day
Cedars-Sinai is an EEO employer. Cedars-Sinai does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of the race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, ancestry, physical or mental disability, legally protected medical condition (cancer-related or genetic characteristics or any genetic information), marital status, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, age (40 or older), military and/or veteran status or any other basis protected by federal or state law. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at Applicant_Accommodation@cshs.org and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.
Cedars-Sinai will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories, in accordance with the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring.
At Cedars-Sinai, we are dedicated to the safety, health and wellbeing of our patients and employees. This includes protecting our patients from communicable diseases, such as influenza (flu). For this reason, we require that all new employees receive a flu vaccine based on the seasonal availability of flu vaccine (typically during September through March each year) as a condition of employment, and annually thereafter as a condition of continued employment.
About Our Location
Los Angeles, CaliforniaView Map