Medical Assistant - OB/GYNRequisition # 20002953 Apply Now
Are you passionate about helping people? Do you want to make a difference in people’s lives?
Do you want to be a part of something greater? To get exposure to many different disciplines while making a positive impact on the lives of a diverse patient population? At Cedars-Sinai you'll learn from dedicated healthcare professionals every single day and use state-of-the-art facilities to do something incredible – for yourself and for others. You will support the physicians and nursing staff in the delivery of health care by performing a variety of medically related tasks.
Medical Assistant Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Greets patients, take appropriate vital signs, review current medications and record in medical record
- Assists with tracking and monitoring department specific data
- Explains policies, procedures, or services to patients using clinical or administrative knowledge, based on scope of practice
- Manages patient care flow and assist with monitoring CS-Link message pools and standard work
- Sets up exam room/procedure rooms appropriately based on patient visit needs
- Addresses patient, physician, and staff concerns and escalate accordingly
- Provides assistance and direct patient inquiries or complaints to appropriate medical staff members and follow up to ensure satisfactory resolution
- Graduation from accredited California Medical Assistant school, or documented equivalent military experience or training
- High School Diploma and/or GED required
- BLS from the American Heart Association and/or American Red Cross required
- 2 years of experience working as a Medical Assistant in an outpatient clinical/medical office setting preferred
- CS-Link/Epic Healthcare preferred
- Working Title: Medical Assistant - OB/GYN
- Department: OB/GYN
- Business Entity: Medical Network Foundation
- City: Los Angeles
- Job Category: Nursing
- Job Specialty: Nursing
- Position Type: Full-time
- Shift Length: 8 hour shift
- Shift Type: Day
Cedars-Sinai is an EEO employer. Cedars-Sinai does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of the race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, ancestry, physical or mental disability, legally protected medical condition (cancer-related or genetic characteristics or any genetic information), marital status, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, age (40 or older), military and/or veteran status or any other basis protected by federal or state law. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at Applicant_Accommodation@cshs.org and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.
Cedars-Sinai will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories, in accordance with the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring.
At Cedars-Sinai, we are dedicated to the safety, health and wellbeing of our patients and employees. This includes protecting our patients from communicable diseases, such as influenza (flu). For this reason, we require that all new employees receive a flu vaccine based on the seasonal availability of flu vaccine (typically during September through March each year) as a condition of employment, and annually thereafter as a condition of continued employment.
About Our Location
Los Angeles, CaliforniaView Map