Align yourself with an organization that has a reputation for excellence! Cedars-Sinai was awarded the National Research Corporation’s Consumer Choice Award 19 years in a row for providing the highest-quality medical care in Los Angeles. We were also awarded the Advisory Board Company’s Workplace of the Year. This recognizes hospitals and health systems nationwide that have outstanding levels of employee engagement. Join us! Discover why U.S. News & World Report has named us one of America’s Best Hospitals.
Tell me about the role:
The Medical Assistant is responsible for positive patient relations, proper telephone communication, verification of patient information by interviewing patient and confirming purpose of visit. The Medical Assistant is also responsible to prepare the patients for examination by performing preliminary physical tests, taking blood pressure, weight, and temperature, and reporting patient history summary.
Why Work Here?
Beyond an outstanding benefit package with health and dental insurance, vacation, and a 403(b) we take pride in hiring the best employees. Our accomplished staff reflects the culturally and ethnically diverse community we serve. They are proof of our commitment to creating a dynamic, inclusive environment that fuels innovation.
Job Duties and Responsibilities, in this job you will:
- Greets patients, take appropriate vital signs, review current medications and record in medical record
- Coordinates, or serve as liaison, for administrative and clinical (based on scope of practice) support activities including facilities management, patient billing, utilization management, quality management, risk management, human resources, and payroll
- Coordinates communication between patients, family members, medical staff, administrative staff, insurance plans, and other departments
- Manages patient care flow and assist with monitoring CS-Link message pools and standard work
- Monitors their own workflow independently to meet the requirements of their position at a level of expertise that requires minimal supervision
- Assists with tracking and monitoring department specific data
- Sets up exam room/procedure rooms appropriately based on patient visit needs
- Cleans/re-processes equipment and supplies based on standard work and department guidelines
- High School diploma or GED required. Some college preferred.
- Graduation from accredited California Medial Assistant school
- Medical Assistant certificate and/or diploma required.
- Basic Life Support from American Heart Association required and/or the American Red Cross
- Two to five (2-5) years of experience in an outpatient medical office setting preferred
- Working Title: Medical Assistant - North Hollywood
- Department: VIM NH
- Business Entity: Medical Network Foundation
- City: Los Angeles
- Job Category: Nursing
- Job Specialty: Nursing
- Position Type: Full-time
- Shift Length: 8 hour shift
- Shift Type: Day
Cedars-Sinai is an EEO employer. Cedars-Sinai does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of the race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, ancestry, physical or mental disability, legally protected medical condition (cancer-related or genetic characteristics or any genetic information), marital status, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, age (40 or older), military and/or veteran status or any other basis protected by federal or state law. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at Applicant_Accommodation@cshs.org and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.
Cedars-Sinai will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories, in accordance with the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring.
At Cedars-Sinai, we are dedicated to the safety, health and wellbeing of our patients and employees. This includes protecting our patients from communicable diseases, such as influenza (flu) and COVID-19. For this reason, we require that all new employees receive a flu vaccine based on the seasonal availability of flu vaccine (typically during September through April each year) as a condition of employment, and annually thereafter as a condition of continued employment, subject to medical exemption or religious accommodation. For the same reason, you may also be required to receive other vaccines such as COVID-19 as a condition of employment. Cedars-Sinai reserves the right to make modifications to its required list of vaccines as required by law and/or policy.Apply NowApply Later