- Search Jobs
Choose Your Area Of Interest
Medical Assistant IIRequisition # 18000833 Apply Now
The Medical Assistant supports the physician and nursing staff in the delivery of health care by performing a viarety of medically related tasks.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Greet patients.
2. Manages patient care flow.
3. Prepare patients for provider by reviewing current medications and record in medical record.
4. Take appropriate vital signs and record in medical record.
5. Sets up exam room/procedure rooms appropriately based on patient visit needs.
6. Assist provider in examination/procedure rooms as needed.
7. Perform designated diagnostic tests as directed by provider.
8. Draw, prepare designated lab work and/or specimens as directed by provider.
9. Administer immunization, injections, or oral medications as directed by provider.
10. Use PRN/Smart Talk systems to convey lab results to patients as defined by provider.
11. Assist in follow-up scheduling needs.
12. Answer patient calls in timely fashion.
13. Prepare charts as needed.
14. Ability to understand and assist two or more providers with clinical care.
15. Handles all designated clinical care telephone interactions with provider input.
16. Communicates all significant clinical findings to MD.
17. Serves as an advocate for patient and utilizes appropriate resources.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
1. Medical Assistant certification from accredited school.
2. 2-5 years experience in outpatient medical setting preferred.
3. Phlebotomy certified.
4. Intermediate computer skills preferred.
5. Proven/provide customer service skills.
6. Basic understanding of patient care flow and insurance concepts.
7. Ability to correctly set up exam rooms/procedure rooms using sterile/aseptic technique with appropriate instruments or trays.
8. Basic ability to prepare patient for office visit/procedures.
9. Ability to correctly perform vital signs and accurately record data.
10. Ability to determine current medications that patient is using and record accurately.
11. Ability to correctly prepare lab work/specimens for pick up.
12. Ability to perform basic testing and specimen collection.
13. Basic understanding of pharmacology and medication administration.
14. Basic understanding of cleaning, sterilization of autoclaving procedures.
15. Basic ability to perform and record QC testing on designated equipment.
16. Ability to determine current medications that patient is using and record accurately.
17. Ability to correctly prepare lab work/specimens for pick up.
18. Ability to perform basic testing and specimen collection.
19. Basic understanding of pharmacology and medication administration.
20. Basic understanding of cleaning, sterilization of autoclaving procedures.
21. Basic ability to perform and record QC testing on designated equipment.
22. Ability to problem solve and prioritize work assignments.
23. Intermediate understanding of patient flow and insurance concepts.
24. Ability to schedule "nurse visits" for phlebotomy, testing or other procedures.
25. Ability to handle provider correspondence and communications as related to clinical care.
26. Understanding of medical supply ordering and cost containment.
27. BLS from the American Heart Association required.
- Working Title: Medical Assistant II
- Business Entity: Medical Network Foundation
- City: Los Angeles
- Job Category: Nursing
- Job Specialty: Nursing
- Position Type: Full-time
- Shift Length: 8 hour shift
- Shift Type: Day
Cedars-Sinai is an EEO employer. Cedars-Sinai does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of the race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, ancestry, physical or mental disability, legally protected medical condition (cancer-related or genetic characteristics or any genetic information), marital status, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, age (40 or older), military and/or veteran status or any other basis protected by federal or state law. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at Applicant_Accommodation@cshs.org and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.
Cedars-Sinai will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories, in accordance with the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring.
At Cedars-Sinai, we are dedicated to the safety, health and wellbeing of our patients and employees. This includes protecting our patients from communicable diseases, such as influenza (flu). For this reason, we require that all new employees receive a flu vaccine based on the seasonal availability of flu vaccine (typically during September through March each year) as a condition of employment, and annually thereafter as a condition of continued employment.
About Our Location
Los Angeles, CaliforniaView Map