Manager, Training & Quality Assurance (Patient Access, Revenue Cycle, Admissions Management)Requisition # 19004519 Apply Now
When the work you do every single day has a crucial impact on the lives of others, every effort, every detail, and every second matters. This shared culture of passion and dedication pulses through Cedars-Sinai, and it’s just one of the many reasons we’ve achieved our fifth-consecutive Magnet designation for nursing excellence. From working with a team of premier healthcare professionals to using state-of-the-art facilities, you’ll have everything you need to do something incredible—for yourself, and for others. Join us, and discover why U.S. News & World Report has named us one of America’s Best Hospitals!
Right now, our Patient Accounting department is looking for an admissions experienced healthcare leader to join their team as a Manager of Training & Quality Assurance.
What will you be doing in this role?
You will be responsible for the daily twenty-four (24) hour planning, organizing, directing and controlling of the daily operations of assigned areas, in order to meet the needs of all customers and support of Medical Center philosophies.
- Assumes fiscal responsibility through preparation of unit budgets, serves as liaison with medical staff and other personnel, promotes the maximum growth and development of each employee, supports research, participates in strategic planning, both long and short term, and assures patient advocacy.
- Guides staff in meeting customers' needs consistent with the Medical Center's philosophy, mission, vision and strategic plan and The Plan for Provision of Patient Care, The Performance Improvement Plan and Professional Organization Standards.
- Maintains competency skills including the ability to interact with customers with diverse cultural backgrounds.
- Reports and is accountable to the Director.
- Education: high school diploma/GED. Bachelors preferred.
- Experience: 10 years of admissions experience in a large complex medical center or multi-hospital system with 5 years of admissions management experience.
- Skills: Working knowledge and expertise in all areas “Epic” as it pertains to Patient Access and the entire Revenue Cycle.
- Possess an extensive knowledge of the Epic EHR and applicable modules that would allow for identification of training needs, workflow enhancements, Project Management, and other system support, including, but not limited to: Grand Central/Prelude (Some direct reports are Certified), Cadence & Referrals, including template management. (Some direct reports are Certified), Therapy Plans, Beacon, Phoenix, ASAP, Ambulatory, HealthStream, Patient estimates, Kiosks, RTE/RTA, various payor websites, Passport, BCA, Radiant, Business Objects, Reporting Workbench, MST Build, Maintain Dept Intranet, Working Knowledge of PB workflows.
- Must have Epic certification in a relevent module.
- CHAA certification and CHAM required upon first anniversary.
- Working Title: Manager, Training & Quality Assurance (Patient Access, Revenue Cycle, Admissions Management)
- Department: Training/Support Servs-Pat Acc
- Business Entity: Corporate Services
- City: Los Angeles
- Job Category: Administrative
- Job Specialty: Admissions / Registration
- Position Type: Full-time
- Shift Length: 8 hour shift
- Shift Type: Day
Cedars-Sinai is an EEO employer. Cedars-Sinai does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of the race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, ancestry, physical or mental disability, legally protected medical condition (cancer-related or genetic characteristics or any genetic information), marital status, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, age (40 or older), military and/or veteran status or any other basis protected by federal or state law. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at Applicant_Accommodation@cshs.org and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.
Cedars-Sinai will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories, in accordance with the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring.
At Cedars-Sinai, we are dedicated to the safety, health and wellbeing of our patients and employees. This includes protecting our patients from communicable diseases, such as influenza (flu). For this reason, we require that all new employees receive a flu vaccine based on the seasonal availability of flu vaccine (typically during September through March each year) as a condition of employment, and annually thereafter as a condition of continued employment.
About Our Location
Los Angeles, CaliforniaView Map