At Cedars-Sinai, we're motivated by a collective spirit of innovation and the challenge to continuously improve. Our people give their all to create a community unlike any other. This is just one of the many reasons U.S. News & World Report has named us one of America’s Best Hospitals—and now we invite you to join us and make a difference every single day in service of this outstanding work – excellence and innovation in patient care, research, and community service. You’ll have great resources to do something incredible—for yourself, and for others!
Join our team and contribute to groundbreaking research!
The Manager, under the direction of the Cedars-Sinai Cancer leadership including the Cancer Director, Deputy Director, Vice President, Associate Director, Operations and Integration and Medical Leadership is in charge of daily and strategic management for CS Cancer programs. Programs may include disease, population, clinician and diagnostic specific programs including clinical, research, community and educational aspects as applicable. The Manager develops and implements these programs at a CS Cancer enterprise level with the direction and support of leadership to integrate regions, sites, departments and programs to align with and support the vision and goals of CS Cancer.
To develop and support these programs, the Manager working with enterprise clinical leadership, medical directors and scientific leadership will develop, project manage and implement the needed resources, infrastructure and processes to support the programs’ success which can include: Modified and new outpatient clinics including staffing models, virtual or other visit types; Partnership and support from other departments and programs; Infrastructure from support departments including Marketing, EIS, Finance, etc; and Community and patient event support. The manager will lead these programs towards their ultimate goals to become a nationally recognized precision programs of excellence, support future cancer specific grant applications at Cedars-Sinai and the CS Cancer mission and lead to improvements in care efficiency, clinical trial enrollment, patient happiness, as well as clinical outcomes in patients with cancer.
Summary of Job Duties:
- Coordinates and manages the assigned recognized organizational departments and program and leads staff, operations and administration.
- Cooperates with other departments, leaders across the organization and other partners in the administration of the program.
- Identifies growth opportunities and further efficiencies that impact the program and/or departments success and aids in development of strategic plans to achieve objectives.
- Interacts with internal/external partners to maintain and further develop program growth, community outreach activities, as well as relationship fostering and maintenance.
- Plans, develops, coordinates, and prioritizes resources to meet program objectives; may identify program participants. May lead cross-functional teams and handle maintenance or expansion of program.
- Creates and fosters a collaborative and positive relationship with internal staff and external agencies/organizations.
- May help with developing and implementing any applicable education, training, on-boarding and/or mentorship pertaining to the program.
- In partnership with leadership, responsible for planning and managing program fiscal budgets and financials.
- Ensures compliance with local, state and federal laws; accreditation, professional and regulatory agency standards and licensure requirements. Maintains staff and program compliance with organizational policies and procedures.
- Researches, gathers, coordinates and summarizes data for evaluating performance of program or other program operations. May develop, evaluate, recommend and implement procedures for data acquisition, management and quality control. May analyze data for trends or conclusions and presents results and recommendations to senior leadership.
- High School Diploma/GED – Minimum Requirement
- Bachelor's Degree - Healthcare, Management, Business or related field - Preferred
- 5 years Minimum - Management, Program Management, or Healthcare administration related experience
- Financial Analysis - Able to analyze and report on departmental and project budgets including expenses and budgets
- Project Management - Manage several projects for management and department
- Working Title: Manager, Programmatic Development - Cancer Institute
- Department: OCC-Administration
- Business Entity: Service Lines & Ops
- City: Los Angeles
- Job Category: Family & Function, Service Lines & Ops
- Job Specialty: UNASSIGNED
- Position Type: Full-time
- Shift Length: 8 hour shift
- Shift Type: Day
Cedars-Sinai is an EEO employer. Cedars-Sinai does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of the race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, ancestry, physical or mental disability, legally protected medical condition (cancer-related or genetic characteristics or any genetic information), marital status, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, age (40 or older), military and/or veteran status or any other basis protected by federal or state law. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at Applicant_Accommodation@cshs.org and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.
Cedars-Sinai will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories, in accordance with the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring.
At Cedars-Sinai, we are dedicated to the safety, health and wellbeing of our patients and employees. This includes protecting our patients from communicable diseases, such as influenza (flu). For this reason, we require that all new employees receive a flu vaccine based on the seasonal availability of flu vaccine (typically during September through March each year) as a condition of employment, and annually thereafter as a condition of continued employment.Apply NowApply Later