Manager, MN Research Operation
Los Angeles, California
Cedars-Sinai is a hub for biomedical research and a training center for future physicians and other healthcare professionals. By joining us in an academic role, you’ll be a part of formulating future ideas for discovery and then translating those discoveries into cures for the benefit and health of the Los Angeles community.
- Full-time & Per-Diem
- Level: Mid to Senior
- Travel: Minimal (if any)
- Glassdoor Reviews and Company Rating
What makes a successful Manager, MN Research Operation at Cedars-Sinai? Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
Discovery is central to Cedars-Sinai’s mission. Our laboratories and clinics generate ideas, therapies, devices, and systems that contribute to biomedical progress around the world. Cedars-Sinai’s investigators push the frontiers of biomedicine with studies in cardiac care, cancer, digestive health, the neurosciences, women’s health, and more. Cedars-Sinai’s robust academic enterprise shapes the experts who will help redefine medicine for the next generation.
ResponsibilitiesRequisition # HRC0884909
Make a difference every single day!
When the work you do every single day has a crucial impact on the lives of others, every effort, every detail, and every second matters. This shared culture of passion and dedication pulses through Cedars-Sinai, and it’s just one of the many reasons we’ve achieved our fifth-consecutive Magnet designation for nursing excellence. From working with a team of world-class healthcare professionals to using groundbreaking facilities, you’ll have everything you need to do something incredible—for yourself, and for others. Join us, and discover why U.S. News & World Report has named us one of America’s Best Hospitals!
• Serves as the on-site manager for clinical research operations in the CRO for which the TACRI strategic plan and future direction is based.
• Builds and oversees a team of highly skilled and efficient clinical research staff including clinical research coordinators, clinical research coordinators, clinical research associates, research nurses, quality personnel and others as delegated.
• Responsible for developing and implementing a program to onboard, train, and mentor new clinical research staff; works closely with the research supervisors to ensure that all staff are trained, re-assessed if needed, and re-trained if needed.
• Provides ongoing education through focused in-services and recurrent meetings for cancer institute staff including research nurses, study coordinators, clinical research associates, and regulatory staff.
• Oversees and may serve as the primary contact and resource for sponsors and cooperative groups.
• Participates in audits and coordinates the efforts of investigators and the research staff for routine and for-cause audit preparation and assistance; focus on clinical research issues during audits.
• Develops and maintains working instructions, document templates, and guidelines for the conduct of cancer clinical trials and other research at TACRI; Participates in cancer research policy revision and development.
• Coordinates meetings with departmental management to provide feedback and helps Implement operational efficiency measures.
• Completes assigned projects related to clinical research infrastructure development that will include but not be limited to cancer research radiology core services, research laboratory efficiencies, electronic medical record, clinical trial management system, and research pharmacy infrastructure.
• Works closely to develop staffing models for standardization of cancer clinical trials
• Develops and implement a comprehensive quality assurance (QA) and quality control (QC) program
• Works closely with research pharmacy and research lab to develop processes for smooth clinical operations related to research
• Works closely with PIs to constantly monitor processes related to clinical research and maximize research potential.
Teamwork/Customer Relation Responsibilities
Strong interpersonal skills are needed to work effectively with patients, their physicians, and/or families; pharmaceutical company representative and other project personnel.
Must demonstrate excellent communication skills, written and verbal, and have the ability to be consistently be accurate.
Must provide consistency and continuity of quality-centered patient care for oncology patients, specifically those in consideration for or actively participating in clinical research protocols
Team Lead/Supervisory/Management Responsibilities
Strong understanding of Good Clinical Practice in Clinical Trials.
Responsible for hiring, onboarding, managing schedules, personnel actions, performance reviews, and performance improvement plans.
Supervises the day-to-day work of employees, assigns work, ensures tasks are completed and deadlines are met.
- Bachelor’s Degree in a related field.
- Master’s Degree in Science or related field - preferred
- CITI Good Clinical Practice - required
- Cert Clin Research Professional - SoCRA - preferred
- Six Sigma Certification - preferred
Physical Demands: Lifting, Standing, walking, sitting, carrying, pushing, pulling, climbing, stooping, balancing, kneeling, crouching, handling, grasping, hearing, talking. The physical ability and perceptive acuity to satisfactorily perform all direct and indirect patient care functions. Must be able to perform assigned duties in a demanding work environment.
- Working Title: Manager, MN Research Operation
- Department: Angeles Research
- Business Entity: Medical Network Foundation
- City: Los Angeles
- Job Category: Academic/Research
- Job Specialty: Academic/Research Services
- Position Type: Full-time
- Shift Length: 8 hour shift
- Shift Type: Day
Cedars-Sinai is an EEO employer. Cedars-Sinai does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of the race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, ancestry, physical or mental disability, legally protected medical condition (cancer-related or genetic characteristics or any genetic information), marital status, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, age (40 or older), military and/or veteran status or any other basis protected by federal or state law. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at Applicant_Accommodation@cshs.org and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.
Cedars-Sinai will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories, in accordance with the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring.
At Cedars-Sinai, we are dedicated to the safety, health and wellbeing of our patients and employees. This includes protecting our patients from communicable diseases, such as influenza (flu) and COVID-19. For this reason, we require that all new employees receive a flu vaccine based on the seasonal availability of flu vaccine (typically during September through April each year) as a condition of employment, and annually thereafter as a condition of continued employment, subject to medical exemption or religious accommodation. For the same reason, you may also be required to receive other vaccines such as COVID-19 as a condition of employment. Cedars-Sinai reserves the right to make modifications to its required list of vaccines as required by law and/or policy.Apply Now Apply Later
Hear From Our People
“I truly love what I do and I love being an employee and steward of Cedars-Sinai. I am here because Cedars-Sinai’s mission and goals align with my own personal values as an RN. I appreciate and value that all of the leadership (especially Sr. leadership) values each and every employee, that it is the frontline staff that truly makes the difference and how our patients are cared for on a day to day basis.”– Kimako D., since 2016
“I am a proud member of the Cedars-Sinai team…Cedars holds their employees in the highest regard offering bonus’, continuing education reimbursement, and much more to promote career advancement. I have been an employee for 10+ years and I love it!”– Kathryn G., since 2007
“I have been an oncology nurse for over 30 years. Cedars-Sinai offers the most up-to-date therapies available, so I get to learn every day.”– Ann S., since 2014
“One reason I enjoy being nurse leader at Cedars-Sinai is because there is support to reach your full potential and working at the top of your scope is encouraged. It is a great place to be innovative and to inspire!”– Courtnay C., since 2015
Discover all the ways Cedars-Sinai appreciates your efforts.