- Search Jobs
Choose Your Area Of Interest
Management Assistant III - Surgery Chair - Full-Time (Day Shift)Requisition # 19001252 Apply Now
Summary Of Essential Job Duties:
Under general supervision, coordinates business systems for a department or major unit. Provides administrative support coordinating office tasks including customer/client service, human resources, payroll, purchasing, accounting, accounts payable, etc.
Assists with assigning and reviewing the work of clerical, administrative and support staff engaged in a full range of office activities. Responsible for reviewing and updating systems and processes to keep them efficient and in compliance with Cedars-Sinai Health System policies, The Joint Commission and other outside agency requirements.
Demonstrates initiative, resourcefulness and problem-solving skills in applying a detailed knowledge of the responsibilities, functions and underlying management structure of the department and of the larger Health System.
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent required
- Two years of college with courses in business, accounting, computer operation and applications preferred.
- Minimum of 4 years of progressively responsible office and administrative experience, such experience demonstrating ability to independently establish and administrate office procedures to include business practices & procedures in fields such as customer/client service, payroll, human resources, purchasing, accounting, accounts payable.
- Demonstrated leadership ability to establish inter-departmental administrative systems and achieve orderly, accurate and timely work flow from underlying offices and units. Ability to lead and motivate staff.
- Demonstrated ability to compose letters, policy statements, procedure manuals and reports on own initiative; ability to organize complex statistical and narrative reports, charts and exhibits into a complete document suitable for publication and distribution; ability to edit material and ensure correct punctuation, spelling and grammar; ability to perform simple mathematical calculations; ability to type proficiently (60-70 WPM).
- Knowledge and understanding of the organization, functions, policies and procedures of the Department, and the inter-relationship with the larger Cedars-Sinai Health System, and the ability to apply the knowledge to the work of the office.
- Must possess an intermediate to advanced knowledge of word processing, spreadsheets, presentation development, E-mail, browsers and online reporting. Must additionally possess a minimum computer competency comprised of a working knowledge of Windows or comparable system (specifically including keyboarding and mouse skills).
- Demonstrated ability to interact effectively with Chairs, Doctors, Vice Presidents, Directors, Managers, patients, internal staff and representatives of outside agencies.
- Experience demonstrating the ability to handle multiple tasks frequently with short time-lines, to prioritize and organize work, and to complete assignments in a timely, accurate manner.
- Provides guidance and office leadership as needed for management assistant staff in administrative suite.
Ability to lift to 35 lbs and sit for prolonged periods.
- Working Title: Management Assistant III - Surgery Chair - Full-Time (Day Shift)
- Department: Surgery Chair
- Business Entity: Academic / Research
- City: Los Angeles
- Job Category: Administrative
- Job Specialty: Administrative
- Position Type: Full-time
- Shift Length: 8 hour shift
- Shift Type: Day
Cedars-Sinai is an EEO employer. Cedars-Sinai does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of the race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, ancestry, physical or mental disability, legally protected medical condition (cancer-related or genetic characteristics or any genetic information), marital status, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, age (40 or older), military and/or veteran status or any other basis protected by federal or state law. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at Applicant_Accommodation@cshs.org and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.
Cedars-Sinai will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories, in accordance with the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring.
At Cedars-Sinai, we are dedicated to the safety, health and wellbeing of our patients and employees. This includes protecting our patients from communicable diseases, such as influenza (flu). For this reason, we require that all new employees receive a flu vaccine based on the seasonal availability of flu vaccine (typically during September through March each year) as a condition of employment, and annually thereafter as a condition of continued employment.
About Our Location
Los Angeles, CaliforniaView Map