- Search Jobs
Choose Your Area Of Interest
Management Assistant II - Test Lab - Full-Time (Day Shift)Requisition # 19001917 Apply Now
Summary of Essential Job Duties:
PERFORM GENERAL CLERICAL, SECRETARIAL AND MANAGEMENT SUPPORT TASKS, TYPES PATIENT REPORTS FOR HEMATOPATHOLOGY OFFICE PATHOLOGISTS. PREPARES REPORTS & CORRESPONDENCE, FILES SLIDES, AND COORDINATES SCHEDULING OF BONE MARROW BIOSPSIES, PLATELET AGGREGOMETRY, AND PROCESSING OF BONE MARROW SLIDES. RESPONDS TO REQUESTS FROM PHYSICIANS, FELLOWS, AND RESIDENTS. RESPONDS TO TELEPHONE AND DIRECT REQUESTS FOR INFORMATION REGARDING PATIENT CASES. ACCESSING SAMPLES, PRINTING PATIENT RESULTS AND REPORTS, CALLING OTHER HOSPITALS FOR SLIDES. THIS POSITION WILL REQUIRE A SIGNIFICANT USE OF INDEPENDENT JUDGEMENT.
- HIGH SCHOOL GRADUATE REQUIRED
- BACHELOR'S DEGREE PREFERRED
- 2 YEARS MINIMUM OF OFFICE AND ADMINISTRATIVE EXPERIENCE REQUIRED.
- OFFICE AND ADMINISTRATIVE EXPERIENCE, IN A HEALTHCARE SETTING PREFERRED.
- PAST EXPERIENCE IN A PATHOLOGY DEPARTMENT PREFERRED.
- KNOWLEDGE OF WORD PROCESSING SYSTEMS, EXCEL, POWERPOINT REQUIRED.
- WORKING KNOWLEDGE OF ADOBE PHOTOSHOP PREFERRED.
- TYPING 50 WPM.
- ATTENTION TO DETAIL AND STRONG INTERPERSONAL & CUSTOMER SERVICE SKILLS NECESSARY.
- Working Title: Management Assistant II - Test Lab - Full-Time (Day Shift)
- Department: Spec Test Lab
- Business Entity: Clinical & Support Services
- City: Los Angeles
- Job Category: Administrative
- Job Specialty: Administrative
- Position Type: Full-time
- Shift Length: 8 hour shift
- Shift Type: Day
Cedars-Sinai is an EEO employer. Cedars-Sinai does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of the race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, ancestry, physical or mental disability, legally protected medical condition (cancer-related or genetic characteristics or any genetic information), marital status, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, age (40 or older), military and/or veteran status or any other basis protected by federal or state law. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at Applicant_Accommodation@cshs.org and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.
Cedars-Sinai will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories, in accordance with the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring.
At Cedars-Sinai, we are dedicated to the safety, health and wellbeing of our patients and employees. This includes protecting our patients from communicable diseases, such as influenza (flu). For this reason, we require that all new employees receive a flu vaccine based on the seasonal availability of flu vaccine (typically during September through March each year) as a condition of employment, and annually thereafter as a condition of continued employment.
About Our Location
Los Angeles, CaliforniaView Map