- Information Technology
- Medical Network
Logistics Technician - Imaging - Per Diem - 8hrs - DaysRequisition # 20003423 Apply Now
Make a difference every single day
When the work you do every single day has a crucial impact on the lives of others, every effort, every detail, and every second matters. This shared culture of happiness, passion and dedication pulses through Cedars-Sinai, and it’s just one of the many reasons we’ve achieved our fifth consecutive Magnet designation for nursing excellence. From working with a team of dedicated healthcare professionals to using state-of-the-art facilities, you’ll have everything you need to do something incredible—for yourself, and for others. Join us, and discover why U.S. News & World Report has named us one of America’s Best Hospitals.
Are you passionate about helping people? Do you want to make a difference in people’s lives?
Do you want to be a part of something greater? At Cedars-Sinai you'll learn from dedicated healthcare professionals every single day and use state-of-the-art facilities to do something incredible – for yourself and for others. You will support the physicians and nursing staff in the delivery of health care by performing a variety of medically related tasks.
The S. Mark Taper Foundation Imaging Center, a division of Cedars-Sinai, offers a full range of imaging services for adults and children. Each year, almost 500,000 inpatient and outpatient exams and procedures are performed and interpreted at the center. Our physicians are board certified by the American Board of Radiology in their respective subspecialties. Our subspecialized imaging physicians, American College of Radiology certified technologists and customer-service oriented staff provide our patients with state-of-the-art imaging technologies and innovative treatment options in a compassionate environment.
The Department of Imaging has a Per Diem position available for a Logistics Technician:
- The Logistics Technician will transport patients to and from the department of Imaging.
- The Logistics Technician performs all job duties with sensitivity and attention to the age and developmental issues of the neonatal, infant, pediatric, adolescent, adult and geriatric patient population(s) served.
- He/she maintains competency skills including the ability to transport patients with diverse cultural backgrounds, identify safety concerns and institute measures to provide safe transportation.
- He/she effectively communicates with patients regarding destination and scheduled exam, and makes necessary adjustments for transporting patients according to age and medical condition.
- He/she will effectively use of all relevant telecommunications equipment including desk phones and cellular phones.
- Consistently applies customer service excellence communication and interaction techniques.
- The Logistics Technician will demonstrate continuous self-improvement, make effective contributions to section , and adhere to CSHS compliance plan, code of conduct, and hospital and departmental policies
- High school diploma or its equivalent
- Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) Approved by the American Heart Association
- Experience in a health care environment preferred.
- Appropriate interpersonal skills for interacting with peers, patients, physicians and other customers of the Medical Center.
- Ability to communicate effectively in the English language
Frequent standing, walking and pushing/pulling of patients utilizing transportation equipment including wheelchairs and gurneys.
Frequent bending and lifting to assist patient(s) from/to bed, wheelchair, gurney and Imaging scanning equipment.
Responsiveness to auditory alarms and communication devices including; telephones, beepers, fire alarms, mechanical failure alarms.
Visual acuity acceptable for performing duties of this position.
Sufficient good health, strength and mobility to access equipment, patients and other customers
- Working Title: Logistics Technician - Imaging - Per Diem - 8hrs - Days
- Department: Imag Pt Support
- Business Entity: Service Lines & Ops
- City: Los Angeles
- Job Category: Patient Services
- Job Specialty: Transport Services
- Position Type: Per Diem
- Shift Length: 8 hour shift
- Shift Type: Day
Cedars-Sinai is an EEO employer. Cedars-Sinai does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of the race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, ancestry, physical or mental disability, legally protected medical condition (cancer-related or genetic characteristics or any genetic information), marital status, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, age (40 or older), military and/or veteran status or any other basis protected by federal or state law. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at Applicant_Accommodation@cshs.org and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.
Cedars-Sinai will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories, in accordance with the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring.
At Cedars-Sinai, we are dedicated to the safety, health and wellbeing of our patients and employees. This includes protecting our patients from communicable diseases, such as influenza (flu). For this reason, we require that all new employees receive a flu vaccine based on the seasonal availability of flu vaccine (typically during September through March each year) as a condition of employment, and annually thereafter as a condition of continued employment.
About Our Location
Los Angeles, CaliforniaView Map