Grow your career at Cedars-Sinai!
The Enterprise Information Services (EIS) team at Cedars-Sinai understands that true clinical transformation and the optimization of a clinical information systems implementation is fueled through the alignment of the right people, processes, and technologies.
Why work here?
Beyond an outstanding benefit package and competitive salaries, we take pride in hiring the best, most committed employees. Our staff reflects the culturally and ethnically diverse community we serve. They are proof of our dedication to creating a multifaceted, inclusive environment that fuels innovation and the gold standard of patient care we strive for.
What will you be doing:
The Lead Systems Engineer is responsible for managing the technical operations for Scientific Computing’s computational and data science ecosystem.
As a Lead Systems Engineer, you will be a domain specialist in High Performance Computing (HPC) Infrastructure and storage of a team responsible for architecting, deploying, and supporting HPC based solutions for Cedars-Sinai-Sinai and our affiliates.
You will provide technical mentorship to the team and perform activities required to build, support, and automate a large, sophisticated High-Performance Compute environment. Utilize standard methodologies for the management, architecture, configuration, DR, administration, and automation for our research community.
The Lead Systems Engineer sets the standard for system implementation, support, change management & development lifecycles.
The ideal candidate has a solid background in computational and data science disciplines including construction of mathematical models and developing quantitative analysis techniques.
- Solid grasp with research related software application installs and support.
- Help partners define their High-Performance Computing and storage needs and strategy/vision.
- Translate IT requirements to help guide and influence scientific practices.
- Act as the technical point of contact for partners during the implementation and execution of a project.
- Participate in initial technical review calls and clarify specific requirements of each project.
- Owning the technical engagement and ultimate success around specific implementation of projects.
- Being subject matter expert and taking on a consultative role as it pertains to Research initiatives.
- Research and integrate new technologies to help accelerate scientific research.
- Apply in-depth HPC and Linux expertise to collaborate with partners across IT and domain disciplines to expand HPC use in support of world class, ground breaking scientific research.
- Evaluates, analyzes, and integrates HPC technologies such as job schedulers, high performance interconnects, parallel filesystems, cybersecurity, cluster management, VM infrastructure, networking, performance tuning, support of scientific applications, or data center planning.
- Lead engineer assessing new technologies and integrates existing commercial and open-source software solutions with tailored in-house software solutions.
- Work with Engineering teams to assess and onboard new Research technologies.
- Lifecycle management of existing services and products.
- Develops technical roadmaps for future Research implementations.
- Ensure high quality documentation is created and maintained.
- Develop HPC solution offerings within AWS cloud.
- 10+ years of combined technology experience in HPC, systems administration, scientific storage, and networking.
- At least 5 years of practical experience as a systems/software engineer in a complex multi-platform, multi-protocol environment.
- Experience with Job Schedulers for High Performance Computing. (HPC) systems, including consideration of resilience, memory, scalability, and central processing unit (CPU) footprint.
- Experience doing performance analysis studies of software and applications on HPC system architectures, particularly for sophisticated processors and/or networks.
- Solid grasp of building and running applications in HPC system environments.
- Experience of implementing and supporting High-Performance Compute (HPC) Grid.
- Experience with Virtualization, Windows and Linux-based operating systems.
- Experience with Processor architectures. (e.g., CPU, GPU, FPGA)
- Experience with Memory architectures. (e.g., DRAM, DDR, HBM, persistent memories)
- Experience with Storage hierarchy and parallel filesystems. (e.g., Flash, NVMe, HDD, tape)
- Knowledge of Systems management, logging, and monitoring systems.
- Solid networking knowledge in all OSI network layers.
- A passion for technology and digital transformation, an innovative mind that is creative and doesn’t follow cookie cutter ideas.
- Passion for technology & science with a desire to stay up to date on the state-of-the-art in your field.
- Experience in a research environment is required.
- AWS and Healthcare environment experience preferred.
Bachelor's Degree in Mathematics, Computer Science, Life Sciences (preferred) or equivalent combination of education and work experience is acceptable.
- Working Title: Lead Systems Engineer- Research
- Department: Server Engineering
- Business Entity: Corporate Services
- City: Los Angeles
- Job Category: Information Technology
- Job Specialty: Network & Systems Engineering
- Position Type: Full-time
- Shift Length: 8 hour shift
- Shift Type: Full-time
Cedars-Sinai is an EEO employer. Cedars-Sinai does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of the race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, ancestry, physical or mental disability, legally protected medical condition (cancer-related or genetic characteristics or any genetic information), marital status, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, age (40 or older), military and/or veteran status or any other basis protected by federal or state law. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at Applicant_Accommodation@cshs.org and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.
Cedars-Sinai will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories, in accordance with the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring.
At Cedars-Sinai, we are dedicated to the safety, health and wellbeing of our patients and employees. This includes protecting our patients from communicable diseases, such as influenza (flu). For this reason, we require that all new employees receive a flu vaccine based on the seasonal availability of flu vaccine (typically during September through March each year) as a condition of employment, and annually thereafter as a condition of continued employment.Apply NowApply Later