Make a difference every single day!
When the work you do every single day has a crucial impact on the lives of others, every effort, every detail, and every second matters. This shared culture of happiness, passion and dedication pulses through Cedars-Sinai, and it’s just one of the many reasons we’ve achieved our fifth consecutive Magnet designation for nursing excellence. From working with a team of dedicated healthcare professionals to using state-of-the-art facilities, you’ll have everything you need to do something incredible—for yourself, and for others. Join us and discover why U.S. News & World Report has named us one of America’s Best Hospitals.
The Lead Physician Assistant for the Trauma-Emergency General Surgery Service (also known as Trauma-Acute Care Surgery) will provide leadership and oversee all aspects of a team of APPs that are aligned with this Service. This new and exciting position will provide the successful candidate with the opportunity to work collaboratively with physician and program leaders to develop, implement and sustain an advanced practice team of clinicians. The Lead Physician Assistant ensure that the team of APPs provides adequate support of the patient needs including clinic.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: (include but are not limited to)
- Develop, implement, and maintain a formal process for service specific credentialing, orientation, mentoring, role modeling, supervision, education, and evaluation
- Recruitment of additional APP personnel to augment the Trauma-ACS Service
- Implementation of a robust retention and team model process with ongoing sustainability
- Manages the schedule of the Service APPs to ensure appropriate coverage
- Completes a gap analysis of continuum of care needs for the Service pertaining to APP support
- Leads the team through to sustainability and stability of all strategic plan goals
- Graduate of a PA program approved by Committee on Allied Health Education and Accreditation required
- Master’s Degree required
- Current, unrestricted Physician Assistant license issued by the State of CA required
- Certification by the National Commission on Certification of Physician Assistants (NCCPA) through successful completion of National Board Examination required
- Current DEA License required
- ACLS from American Heart Association or American Red Cross required
- Successfully completed the following courses (or successfully complete these courses within 3 months of hire)
- Advanced Trauma Life Support
- Trauma Care After Resuscitation
- Minimum (3) years or more experience as a Physician Assistant
- Previous experience in caring for trauma and acute care surgery patients preferred.
- Acute care hospital experience
Working Title: Lead Physician Assistant - Trauma / Acute Care Surgery (ACS)
Department: Minimally Invasive Surg M/S
Business Entity: Cedars-Sinai Medical Center
Job Category: Clinical Operations
Job Specialty: Advanced Practice (PA)
Position Type: Full-time
Shift Length: 8 hour shift
Shift Type: Day
Base Pay:$159,200.00 - $254,500.00
Our compensation philosophy
We offer competitive total compensation that includes pay, benefits, and other recognition programs for our employees. The base pay range shown above takes into account the wide range of factors that are considered in making compensation decisions including knowledge/skills; relevant experience and training; education/certifications/licensure; and other business and organizational factors. This base pay range does not include our comprehensive benefits package and any incentive payments that may be applicable to this role. Pay Transparency Non Discrimination Provision
Diversity and Inclusion at Cedars-Sinai
We are caretakers and innovators committed to the pursuit of equitable healthcare. But health equity is not possible without representation. Our commitment to diversity goes beyond demographics or checking boxes. Our people must reflect the diverse identities, experiences and geographies of the communities and patients we serve – because that’s what our patients, colleagues and communities deserve. Quality Care and Research—For All, By All.
Cedars-Sinai is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer.
Cedars-Sinai does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of the race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, ancestry, physical or mental disability, legally protected medical condition (cancer-related or genetic characteristics or any genetic information), marital status, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, age (40 or older), military and/or veteran status or any other basis protected by federal or state law. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at Applicant_Accommodation@cshs.org and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.
Cedars-Sinai will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories, in accordance with the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring.
At Cedars-Sinai, we are dedicated to the safety, health and wellbeing of our patients and employees. This includes protecting our patients from communicable diseases, such as influenza (flu) and COVID-19. For this reason, we require that all new employees receive a flu vaccine based on the seasonal availability of flu vaccine (typically during September through April each year) as a condition of employment, and annually thereafter as a condition of continued employment, subject to medical exemption or religious accommodation. For the same reason, you may also be required to receive other vaccines such as COVID-19 as a condition of employment. Cedars-Sinai reserves the right to make modifications to its required list of vaccines as required by law and/or policy. Cedars-Sinai’s AA Policy Statement