Lead Patient Service Representative - SOCCI Physicians Support - Full-Time (Day Shift)Requisition # 19003484 Apply Now
Summary of Essential Job Duties:
Under the supervision of the Administrative Office Supervisor, the Lead Patient Service Representative (Lead PSR) will share the responsibility of assisting in supervising, coordinating, and managing key functions in the day to day operations of the Cancer Center.
Duties may include, but are not limited to:
Coordinating staffing coverage, ensuring regulatory requirements are met, oversight of customer service delivery to include scheduling/follow-up calls/obtaining authorization/phone call data collection, monitoring, and implementation of process, assisting in quality improvement projects, and provide computer technical support as needed.
This position requires a proven ability of independent decision-making and clinical/surgical understanding and experience in the Patient Service Role. The Lead PSR will need to identify, prevent and/or resolve daily operational problems relating to personnel, policies and procedures, office equipment and supplies, and maintain continuous communication with the Executive Director and Office Supervisor. This individual will also serve as the contact or resource person on department information and materials requested by other departments, patients, patient families, and customers.
- High School Diploma/GED required.
- Bachelor's Degree preferred.
• Minimum 2 years of experience as a Patient Service Representative/Surgery Scheduling required.
• 3 years or more of experience as a Patient Service Representative/Surgery Scheduling preferred.
• Experience demonstrating the ability to handle multiple tasks frequently with short timelines, to prioritize and organize work and to complete assignments in a timely manner, accurate manner.
• Advanced skills in Microsoft Office.
• Ability to lead, motivate, and assist people.
• Excellent organizational and communication skills.
• Excellent in problem-solving skills.
• Excellent customer service skills.
- Working Title: Lead Patient Service Representative - SOCCI Physicians Support - Full-Time (Day Shift)
- Department: SOCCI Physicians Support
- Business Entity: Service Lines & Ops
- City: Los Angeles
- Job Category: Patient Services
- Job Specialty: Patient Relations
- Position Type: Full-time
- Shift Length: 8 hour shift
- Shift Type: Day
Cedars-Sinai is an EEO employer. Cedars-Sinai does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of the race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, ancestry, physical or mental disability, legally protected medical condition (cancer-related or genetic characteristics or any genetic information), marital status, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, age (40 or older), military and/or veteran status or any other basis protected by federal or state law. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at Applicant_Accommodation@cshs.org and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.
Cedars-Sinai will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories, in accordance with the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring.
At Cedars-Sinai, we are dedicated to the safety, health and wellbeing of our patients and employees. This includes protecting our patients from communicable diseases, such as influenza (flu). For this reason, we require that all new employees receive a flu vaccine based on the seasonal availability of flu vaccine (typically during September through March each year) as a condition of employment, and annually thereafter as a condition of continued employment.
About Our Location
Los Angeles, CaliforniaView Map