Lead Network Security Engineer - Hybrid Remote
Los Angeles, California
Here at Cedars-Sinai, our projects represent a new age in medical research and innovation, and we’re proud of the progress our team continues to make. Together, we can match the right treatment to the right patient at the right time for the best possible outcomes.
- Full Time
- Level: Mid
- Travel: No
- Glassdoor Reviews and Company Rating
What makes a successful IT professional at Cedars-Sinai? Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Digitally savvy
ResponsibilitiesRequisition # HRC1289492A
Grow your career at Cedars-Sinai!
The Enterprise Information Services (EIS) team at Cedars-Sinai understands that true clinical transformation and the optimization of a clinical information systems implementation is fueled through the alignment of the right people, processes, and technologies.
Why work here?
Cedars-Sinai Medical Center has been ranked the #1 hospital in California and #2 hospital in the nation by U.S. News & World Report, 2022‑23. When you join our team, you’ll gain access to our groundbreaking biomedical research facilities and advanced medical education programs. We offer learning programs, tuition reimbursement and performance-improvement projects so you can achieve certifications and degrees while gaining the knowledge and experience needed to advance your career.
We take pride in hiring the best, most hard-working employees. Our dedicated doctors, nurses and staff reflect the culturally and ethnically diverse community we serve. They are proof of our dedication to creating a dynamic, inclusive environment that fuels innovation and the gold standard of patient care we strive for.
What you will be doing:
The Lead Network Engineer is responsible for the network security/operations team and is accountable for reviewing security/operational requirements, development of security/networks standards, and securing CSHS data networks infrastructure, including the network perimeter, remotes access, main campus, LAN/WAN, leased spaced or owned, data center, wired and wireless environments. Works closely with business and technology counterparts to understand the enterprise objectives, initiatives, and their impact on the network/ security infrastructure. Promotes governance and compliance with security/operational standards, policies and procedures, as well as develop and maintain the Health Systems network/security architecture and strategy with respect to functionality, performance, scalability, process, and reliability. Acts as liaison between the various security-focused network groups in CSHS to help drive comprehensive network/security architectures, procedures, and strategy. Manages day-to-day issues and maintains the enterprise Service Level Agreements (SLA).
- Acts as a team lead to include supervising the work of others, assigning or allocating work to team and ensuring tasks are completed in a timely matter & quality standard.
- Leads in policy creation, performing periodic security/operational reviews of existing network infrastructure, and drives the requirements and solution definition process for new CSHS network/security infrastructure.
- Provides technical and project leadership to develop a cohesive network/security roadmap that supports short-term network objectives and long-term convergence and consolidation vision.
- Proactively resolves issues encountered during pre/post implementation working with all levels of personnel both internal and external.
- Leads in the evaluation of new applications for the Health System, determines their effect on the existing network/security infrastructure and perimeter; recommends and may lead all aspects of any vital operational or security improvements.
- Works jointly with user project managers and other IT groups to successfully implement projects.
- Manages network and security, monitoring, and security enforcement applications and/or infrastructure.
- Manages network LAN/WAN hardware and software, network monitoring, and applications in support of the networks.
- Works with department LAN managers and system administrators to standardize network/security and account maintenance policies and procedures. May help in Disaster Recovery testing and planning.
- Manages remote access security to preserve the confidentiality, integrity, and availability of the Health Systems data network.
- Functions as the technical point of contact for network support/security incidents. Performs proper problem resolution analysis, recommendation, and implementation.
- Provides technical mentorship and assistance to Network Engineers with focus on LAN/WAN. Provides technical support in analysis, development, testing, and deployment of multiple components in a converged network.
- Functions as part of a team that provides 7x24 support for the applications and systems needed to maintain the enterprise network. Manages day-to-day issues and maintains the enterprise SLA. Facilitates performance monitoring for data components.
- Leads and coordinates the work of engineering solutions throughout the enterprise. Applications include, but are not limited to, unified communications, wireless technologies, and automation/monitoring tools.
Seven (7)+ years of experience as a Network Engineer, Enterprise Architect, or Network Security Engineer.
Preferred experience at an organization with 400 or more network devices (Switches/Routers) in a sophisticated multiplatform, multi-protocol environment.
Prior lead or supervisory experience is preferred.
Extensive networking experience with hands-on experience with, but not limited to, TCP/IP, IOS, routers, switches, and network configurations.
Experience with selection and strategic direction of network and security technologies and architecture—perform concept and testing to network security design and solutions, vulnerability and penetration testing, and threat mitigation.
Experience with Windows and UNIX workstation administration and networking configuration.
Solid understanding in all aspects of LAN and WAN operation, routing, topology, QoS, Multicast, network protocols, MPLS, and MetroEthernet.
Experience with; wireless, Ethernet, Ethernet Switching, IP, IP assignment, NAC, VPN, remote access servers, security devices, firewalls, security protocols and IDS/IPS.
Good Experience in network monitoring, analysis, management, and configuration tools.
Hands on experience with network/security vendors such as Cisco, McAfee, TippingPoint, Tripwire, RSA preferred.
Bachelor’s Degree in a Computer Science, Information Technology, or Engineering field. (preferred)
Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA) required. CCNP (Routing/Switching) and CCIE preferred.
CISSP, CCSP a plus.
Working Title: Lead Network Security Engineer - Hybrid Remote
Department: Technology Operations
Business Entity: Cedars-Sinai Medical Center
Job Category: Information Technology
Job Specialty: Network & Systems Engineering
Position Type: Full-time
Shift Length: 8 hour shift
Shift Type: Day
Base Pay:$125,700.00 - $201,000.00
Our compensation philosophy
We offer competitive total compensation that includes pay, benefits, and other recognition programs for our employees. The base pay range shown above takes into account the wide range of factors that are considered in making compensation decisions including knowledge/skills; relevant experience and training; education/certifications/licensure; and other business and organizational factors. This base pay range does not include our comprehensive benefits package and any incentive payments that may be applicable to this role. Cedars - Sinai's EEO and AA Policy Statement
Diversity and Inclusion at Cedars-Sinai
We are caretakers and innovators committed to the pursuit of equitable healthcare. But health equity is not possible without representation. Our commitment to diversity goes beyond demographics or checking boxes. Our people must reflect the diverse identities, experiences and geographies of the communities and patients we serve – because that’s what our patients, colleagues and communities deserve. Quality Care and Research—For All, By All.
Cedars-Sinai is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer.
Cedars-Sinai does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of the race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, ancestry, physical or mental disability, legally protected medical condition (cancer-related or genetic characteristics or any genetic information), marital status, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, age (40 or older), military and/or veteran status or any other basis protected by federal or state law. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at Applicant_Accommodation@cshs.org and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.
Cedars-Sinai will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories, in accordance with the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring.
At Cedars-Sinai, we are dedicated to the safety, health and wellbeing of our patients and employees. This includes protecting our patients from communicable diseases, such as influenza (flu) and COVID-19. For this reason, we require that all new employees receive a flu vaccine based on the seasonal availability of flu vaccine (typically during September through April each year) as a condition of employment, and annually thereafter as a condition of continued employment, subject to medical exemption or religious accommodation. For the same reason, you may also be required to receive other vaccines such as COVID-19 as a condition of employment. Cedars-Sinai reserves the right to make modifications to its required list of vaccines as required by law and/or policy. Cedars - Sinai's EEO and AA Policy Statement
Discover all the ways Cedars-Sinai appreciates your efforts.
Medical, Dental, Vision, Healthcare FSA, Dependent Care FSA, Health and Wellness Programs
Expand your horizons by working and learning along side the best in the industry.
Awards & Recognition
We are committed to creating an inclusive environment.