- Information Technology
- Medical Network
Lead ECG TechnicianRequisition # 20003378 Apply Now
When the work you do every single day has a crucial impact on the lives of others, every effort, every detail, and every second matters. This shared culture of passion and dedication pulses through Cedars-Sinai, and it’s just one of the many reasons we’ve achieved our fifth-consecutive Magnet designation for nursing excellence. From working with a team of premier healthcare professionals to using state-of-the-art facilities, you’ll have everything you need to do something incredible—for yourself, and for others. Join us, and discover why U.S. News & World Report has named us one of America’s Best Hospitals!
What will you be doing in this role?
The Lead Cardiovascular Technician will demonstrate proficiency using collaborative leadership skills to understand the daily workflow and the ability to motivate staff to complete their assignments. He/she will coordinate employee responsibilities and manage their learning requirements and ensure adherence to policies and regulations set forth by the organization. He/she will manage the environment, equipment and supplies to ensure regulatory requirements are met and guidelines are adhered to. The Lead CV technician will also assist the physician with Exercise Treadmill Testing, Stress Echocardiography, EKG's, hook up and downloading blood pressure monitoring devices. He/she will connect patient to event recorders such as Zios, Holter and Bardy devices, and receive telemetry data upon return. The lead CV tech will also have excellent customer service skills and manage concerns as they arise.
- High school graduate or equivalent.
- Technical school graduate as Cardiovascular Technician and/or Certificate of completion from equivalent training program.
- BLS certification required
- Certified Cardiovascular Technician preferred
What Else Are We Looking For?
- Minimum of 1 year Cardiovascular Technician experience in a medical center, 2 to 3 years preferred.
- Ability to demonstrate skills and knowledge commensurate with job title and job description.
- Full command of the English language, good oral communication, ability to read and follow instructions, ability to write legibly, ability to listen and follow directions.
- Cardiac arrhythmia knowledge
- Availability to work a flexible schedule.
- Ability to walk long distances and push equipment weighing up to 150 pounds.
- Occasional lifting and/or carrying of equipment or supplies weighing up to 20 pounds.
- Assists in lifting patients, transferring patients from wheelchair to gurney, able to bend, reach or twist.
- Working Title: Lead ECG Technician
- Department: AHSP Electrocardiography
- Business Entity: Service Lines & Ops
- City: Los Angeles
- Job Category: Imaging
- Job Specialty: Diagnostic Imaging
- Position Type: Full-time
- Shift Length: 8 hour shift
- Shift Type: Full-time
Cedars-Sinai is an EEO employer. Cedars-Sinai does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of the race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, ancestry, physical or mental disability, legally protected medical condition (cancer-related or genetic characteristics or any genetic information), marital status, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, age (40 or older), military and/or veteran status or any other basis protected by federal or state law. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at Applicant_Accommodation@cshs.org and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.
Cedars-Sinai will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories, in accordance with the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring.
At Cedars-Sinai, we are dedicated to the safety, health and wellbeing of our patients and employees. This includes protecting our patients from communicable diseases, such as influenza (flu). For this reason, we require that all new employees receive a flu vaccine based on the seasonal availability of flu vaccine (typically during September through March each year) as a condition of employment, and annually thereafter as a condition of continued employment.
About Our Location
Los Angeles, CaliforniaView Map