iOS Mobile Developer - Remote
Los Angeles, California
Here at Cedars-Sinai, our projects represent a new age in medical research and innovation, and we’re proud of the progress our team continues to make. Together, we can match the right treatment to the right patient at the right time for the best possible outcomes.
- Full Time
- Level: Mid
- Travel: No
- Glassdoor Reviews and Company Rating
What makes a successful IT professional at Cedars-Sinai? Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Digitally savvy
ResponsibilitiesRequisition # 22001109
Grow your career at Cedars-Sinai!
The Strategic Planning and Business Development team at Cedars-Sinai understands that true clinical transformation and the optimization of a clinical information systems implementation is fueled through the alignment of the right people, processes, and technologies.
Why work here?
Cedars-Sinai Medical Center has been ranked the #1 hospital in California and #2 hospital in the nation by U.S. News & World Report, 2022‑23. Beyond an outstanding benefit package and competitive salaries, we take pride in hiring the best, most committed employees. Our staff reflects the culturally and ethnically diverse community we serve. They are proof of our dedication to creating a multifaceted, inclusive environment that fuels innovation and the gold standard of patient care we strive for.
What will you be doing:
The iOS Developer is responsible for mobile application development supporting business objectives while sharing a point of view in software development lifecycle phases from concept and design to testing. The primary function of this role is to develop, support and maintain industry leading mobile app platform, and contribute to an agile team responsible for improving patient’s care and experience through the mobile app. Performs hands-on coding and assists in architecting solutions. May serve as liaison to internal business, products, design and other engineering support areas.
- Develop, test, and maintain native SDK on iOS and Android mobile platforms.
- Lead the technical delivery of application features targeting the React Native platform.
- Deliver clean, well-tested code, and meet project deadlines.
- Engage in code reviews with colleagues to review, analyze, improve, and instruct coding skills.
- Build pixel-perfect smooth UIs across both mobile platforms.
- Use native APIs for deep integrations with both platforms.
- Work with product, design, other engineering teams, and QA on defining and implementing new insights.
- Provide technical guidance and mentoring to others.
- Write automated tests to ensure the product is of the highest quality.
- Diagnose and troubleshoot performance and other issues.
- Keep up to date on the latest industry trends and mobile technologies.
- Lead mobile app build and release processes.
- Adapt to current Google Play Store updates and iOS updates.
- 5+ years of experience managing application design, software development, and maintenance.
- 3+ years' experience in building cross platform native applications with React Native Framework.
- 3+ years native Swift development experience is required.
- Android development experience is preferred.
- Experience with React state management libraries (such as Flux or Redux).
- Proficient in application design and development for iOS using Swift and Android using Java and Kotlin.
- Understanding of native build tools, like XCode, Gradle.
- Full grasp of Mobile SDLC.
- Experience with UI development is required.
- Experience in an agile environment.
- Great understanding with builds, software development and Git.
- Ability to troubleshoot API issues.
- Superb communication skills to collaborate successfully with engineering team and clients.
- Experience with JIRA or tracking management software.
- Continuing integration experience is a plus.
Bachelor's degree in Computer Sciences, Mathematics, or related subject area.
Working Title: iOS Mobile Developer - Remote
Department: Cedars-Sinai Medical Center
Business Entity: Organization
Job Category: Information Technology
Job Specialty: Software/Application Development
Position Type: Full-time
Shift Length: 8 hour shift
Base Pay: $85,900.00 - $137,300.00
Our compensation philosophy
We offer competitive total compensation that includes pay, benefits, and other recognition programs for our employees. The base pay range shown above takes into account the wide range of factors that are considered in making compensation decisions including knowledge/skills; relevant experience and training; education/certifications/licensure; and other business and organizational factors. This base pay range does not include our comprehensive benefits package and any incentive payments that may be applicable to this role
Diversity and Inclusion at Cedars-Sinai
We are caretakers and innovators committed to the pursuit of equitable healthcare. But health equity is not possible without representation. Our commitment to diversity goes beyond demographics or checking boxes. Our people must reflect the diverse identities, experiences and geographies of the communities and patients we serve – because that’s what our patients, colleagues and communities deserve. Quality Care and Research—For All, By All.
Cedars-Sinai is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer.
Cedars-Sinai does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of the race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, ancestry, physical or mental disability, legally protected medical condition (cancer-related or genetic characteristics or any genetic information), marital status, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, age (40 or older), military and/or veteran status or any other basis protected by federal or state law. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at Applicant_Accommodation@cshs.org and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.
Cedars-Sinai will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories, in accordance with the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring.
At Cedars-Sinai, we are dedicated to the safety, health and wellbeing of our patients and employees. This includes protecting our patients from communicable diseases, such as influenza (flu) and COVID-19. For this reason, we require that all new employees receive a flu vaccine based on the seasonal availability of flu vaccine (typically during September through April each year) as a condition of employment, and annually thereafter as a condition of continued employment, subject to medical exemption or religious accommodation. For the same reason, you may also be required to receive other vaccines such as COVID-19 as a condition of employment. Cedars-Sinai reserves the right to make modifications to its required list of vaccines as required by law and/or policy.
Discover all the ways Cedars-Sinai appreciates your efforts.
Medical, Dental, Vision, Healthcare FSA, Dependent Care FSA, Health and Wellness Programs
Expand your horizons by working and learning along side the best in the industry.
Awards & Recognition
We are committed to creating an inclusive environment.