Align yourself with an organization that has a reputation for excellence. Cedars-Sinai was awarded the National Research Corporation’s Consumer Choice Award 19 years in a row for providing the highest-quality medical care in Los Angeles. We were also awarded the Advisory Board Company’s Workplace of the Year. This role provides excellent exposure, and we offer an outstanding benefits' package that includes health care, generous time off and a 403(B). Join us! Discover why U.S. News & World Report has named us one of America’s Best Hospitals.
Tell Me More!
The Investment Analyst supports the Investment Office through a wide variety of functions including research, quantitative analysis, due diligence, preparation of presentation materials, and management of key systems and databases. The Investment Office spends considerable time identifying and cultivating relationships with firms and managers that can add value to Cedars-Sinai's portfolio and help achieve targeted return objectives. The office's due diligence efforts focus on qualitative and quantitative research at both the asset class level and the individual firm/manager level. Your primary duties include:
- Working on all aspects of portfolio management, including sourcing, selecting and monitoring investment managers, performing investment research, and conducting portfolio and performance analysis.
- Preparing investment memos and other materials based on your involvement in all aspects of the diligence process.
- Building and maintaining a research database of prospective investment manager relationships, including an active investment pipeline of actionable opportunities.
- Leading data analytics efforts and related software partnerships, ensuring data integrity and reconciling discrepancies. Maintaining frequent contact with service providers and troubleshooting any issues as they arise.
- Designing and implementing technology solutions to support the office’s communication, organizational, and research management efforts.
- Monitoring and reporting on performance and exposures of investment managers.
- Performing research on various investment themes; crafting whitepapers summarizing findings and recommendations.
- Assisting in the development and implementation of investment policies, procedures, and initiatives.
- Working collaboratively with all members of the Investment team to provide independent, rigorous insights on potential decisions across the portfolio.
- Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Business Management, Finance, Economics or a related major required
- A minimum of 2 years' experience as an Investment Analyst at an investment firm or investment bank required
- CFA (Charted Financial Analyst) preferred
Why work here?
Beyond outstanding employee benefits, we take pride in hiring the best, most passionate employees. Our accomplished staff reflects the culturally and ethnically diverse community we serve. They are proof of our commitment to creating a dynamic, inclusive environment that fuels innovation.
Working Title: Investment Analyst
Department: Chief Investment Officer
Business Entity: Cedars-Sinai Medical Center
Job Category: Finance
Job Specialty: Financial Planning
Position Type: Full-time
Shift Length: 8 hour shift
Shift Type: Day
Base Pay:$80,900.00 - $125,300.00
Our compensation philosophy
We offer competitive total compensation that includes pay, benefits, and other recognition programs for our employees. The base pay range shown above takes into account the wide range of factors that are considered in making compensation decisions including knowledge/skills; relevant experience and training; education/certifications/licensure; and other business and organizational factors. This base pay range does not include our comprehensive benefits package and any incentive payments that may be applicable to this role. Pay Transparency Non Discrimination Provision (PDF) (opens in new window)
Diversity and Inclusion at Cedars-Sinai
We are caretakers and innovators committed to the pursuit of equitable healthcare. But health equity is not possible without representation. Our commitment to diversity goes beyond demographics or checking boxes. Our people must reflect the diverse identities, experiences and geographies of the communities and patients we serve – because that’s what our patients, colleagues and communities deserve. Quality Care and Research—For All, By All (opens in new window).
Cedars-Sinai is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer.
Cedars-Sinai does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of the race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, ancestry, physical or mental disability, legally protected medical condition (cancer-related or genetic characteristics or any genetic information), marital status, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, age (40 or older), military and/or veteran status or any other basis protected by federal or state law. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at Applicant_Accommodation@cshs.org and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.
Cedars-Sinai will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories, in accordance with the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring.
At Cedars-Sinai, we are dedicated to the safety, health and wellbeing of our patients and employees. This includes protecting our patients from communicable diseases, such as influenza (flu) and COVID-19. For this reason, we require that all new employees receive a flu vaccine based on the seasonal availability of flu vaccine (typically during September through April each year) as a condition of employment, and annually thereafter as a condition of continued employment, subject to medical exemption or religious accommodation. For the same reason, you may also be required to receive other vaccines such as COVID-19 as a condition of employment. Cedars-Sinai reserves the right to make modifications to its required list of vaccines as required by law and/or policy. Cedars-Sinai’s AA Policy Statement (PDF) (opens in new window)