- Search Jobs
Choose Your Area Of Interest
Registered Nurse - Interventional Radiology - Angeles ClinicRequisition # 18000844 Apply Now
Summary of Essential Duties:
Provides consistency and continuity of quality-centered patient care for Oncology patients, including those who may require imaging, biopsies, drainage procedures, intravenous support and/or moderate sedation. Provides clear communication and feedback with radiologists, patients, families and referring physician.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Obtains patient histories and nursing assessments and develops patient care as needed, ensuring completeness and accuracy.
- Provides consultation, support and education to patients and families as needed
- Performs pre procedure calls to patients in conjunction with the imaging staff to screen patients for procedure readiness by providing pre procedure teaching.
- Performs medication reconciliation and obtains physician orders to hold any anticoagulant medications prior to procedure.
- Requests that all necessary medications and supplies used by interventional radiology are ordered and that all supplies are current and rotated.
- Documents accurately and concisely within the RN’s scope of practice.
- Administers moderate sedation under the direction of the radiologist (s).
- Monitors and assesses patients who receive moderate sedation under the supervision of the attending radiologist to include symptom identification, diagnoses, treatment and follow-up within the scope of the RN role
- Collaborates with the research team and the physician as needed to assure that biopsies are processed according to specifications of the trial or patient diagnosis.
- Participates as a member of the Imaging Team in the coordination and delivery of care to patients, including allergy assessments and line placements.
- Participates as a consultative member of the management team in the development of policies and procedures as requested.
- Practices safe environmental, and/or infection control methods.
- Adheres to policies and procedures for billing and coding.
- Attends department team meetings as requested.
- Performs checks of emergency supplies including but not limited to the defibrillator, oxygen supplies, medications, and reversal agents.
- Follows all safety procedures required in the imaging department including but not limited to all radiation safety procedures.
- Demonstrates responsibility and accountability for own performance in regards to:
- Attendance and punctuality
- Positive public relations image and working relationships
- Obtaining the necessary knowledge/skill needed to maintain competence
- Completing and maintaining all mandatory requirements
- Attending and participating in staff meetings
- Keeping up-to-date with company email notices and communications.
- Performs other duties within scope as assigned.
Demonstrated ability to independently prioritize work with minimal direct supervision. Knowledge of treatment plan and assessment of Oncology patient who requires moderate sedation for biopsies or other procedures. Ability to work with a wide variety of individuals in many complex settings. Skill to take medical histories, assessments and implement appropriate therapeutic plans using established medical practice in collaboration with attending radiologist(s). Ability to establish and maintain cooperative and collaborative working relationships with administrative and clinical personnel. Knowledge to triage patients accurately after evaluating their vital signs, symptoms, findings, etc., following established protocols. Skill to write clearly and distinctly so as to accurately and concisely communicate using the medical record. Detailed background in intra-procedural care, emergency or intensive care medicine.
MINIMUM JOB REQUIREMENTS:
· Current Licensed California Registered Nurse
· Current BLS and ACLS certification
· Excellent IV and central line skills
· Moderate sedation competent
· 3+ years RN experience with minimum of 2 years experience directly related to the duties and responsibilities specified.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Excellent skill and ability to obtain clinical history and perform patient assessment
- Knowledge of care and treatment of Oncology patients requiring imaging or biopsies, specifically as it relates to the following diseases, Melanoma, Lymphoma, Prostate, Lung, Breast and Colon Cancers
- Ability to maintain quality and safety in the clinical environment
- Understands and practices good infection control standards.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to work effectively with a wide range of constituencies in a diverse community.
- General knowledge of clinical operations and procedures.
- Knowledge of current principles, methods and procedures for the delivery of care and treatment in area of expertise.
WORKING CONDITIONS AND PHYSICAL EFFORT:
- Work is performed in a clinic/procedural setting in the imaging department
- Work environment involves exposure to potentially dangerous materials and situations that require following extensive safety precautions and may include the use of protective equipment.
- High volume of patient interaction and by telephone
- Lifting, pushing, pulling up to 25 lbs, and up to 250Lbs with assistance
- Moderate physical activity with occasional prolonged sitting, standing and/or walking for more than four (4) hours per day
- Working Title: Registered Nurse - Interventional Radiology - Angeles Clinic
- Business Entity: Medical Network Foundation
- City: Los Angeles
- Job Category: Nursing
- Job Specialty: Nursing
- Position Type: Full-time
- Shift Length: 8 hour shift
- Shift Type: Day
Cedars-Sinai is an EEO employer. Cedars-Sinai does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of the race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, ancestry, physical or mental disability, legally protected medical condition (cancer-related or genetic characteristics or any genetic information), marital status, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, age (40 or older), military and/or veteran status or any other basis protected by federal or state law. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at Applicant_Accommodation@cshs.org and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.
Cedars-Sinai will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories, in accordance with the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring.
At Cedars-Sinai, we are dedicated to the safety, health and wellbeing of our patients and employees. This includes protecting our patients from communicable diseases, such as influenza (flu). For this reason, we require that all new employees receive a flu vaccine based on the seasonal availability of flu vaccine (typically during September through March each year) as a condition of employment, and annually thereafter as a condition of continued employment.
About Our Location
Los Angeles, CaliforniaView Map