Imaging Scheduler - 8-Hour Day Shift
Los Angeles, California
Making a difference is difficult, but if you’re like us, you’ll know it is well worth it. As an imaging professional at Cedars-Sinai you’ll have state-of-the-art imaging technology at your disposal to help provide innovative treatment options in a compassionate environment to those that need it the most. You'll work alongside distinguished physicians and some of the most talented staff in the industry doing the incredible – for yourself and for others.
- Full-time & Per-Diem
- Level: Mid to Senior
- Travel: Minimal (if any)
- Glassdoor Reviews and Company Rating
What makes a successful member of our Imaging team at Cedars-Sinai? Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Technologically savvy
- Good listener
ResponsibilitiesRequisition # HRC0950299
Would you like to be part of a team of colleagues that employs pioneering, innovative techniques to treat a variety of conditions with less risk, less pain and as little stress as possible? Do you have a passion for the highest quality and patient happiness? Then please respond to this dynamic opportunity available with one of the best places to work in Southern California! We would be happy to hear from you.
Each year, almost 500,000 inpatient and outpatient exams and procedures are performed and interpreted at Cedars-Sinai Medical Center. Our radiologists & imaging specialists are board certified by the American Board of Radiology in their respective subspecialties. Our subspecialized imaging physicians, American College of Radiology certified technologists and customer-service oriented staff provide our patients with brand-new imaging technologies and innovative treatment options in a compassionate environment.
Summary of Essential Duties:
- As an Imaging Scheduler, you will be responsible for all aspects of scheduling Imaging patients and supporting our CT, MRI, Ultrasound, Vascular, Nuclear Medicine, Mammography, X-Ray and Fluoroscopy clinics.
- The scheduler will work closely with physicians, techs and NPs.
- Obtains clinical information and screens for exam appropriateness.
- Using critical thinking skills, they make judgment calls and involve the radiologist, nurse or technologist when necessary.
- Interacts with office staff and patients, in a courteous and professional manner, with a focus on keeping waits and delays at a minimum.
- Schedule, reschedule, and cancel appointments; coordinate anesthesia; verify orders; provide preparation information; obtain lab results, history and physicals, and written orders.
- High School Diploma or GED required
- Two years of college or comparable level of education and experience preferred
- Bachelor's Degree in psycho/social, marketing disciplines preferred
- At least 2 years experience required in a fast paced and complex environment where critical thinking skills are necessary
- Previous experience in a medical environment is desirable
- Windows based PC experience required
- Working Title: Imaging Scheduler - 8-Hour Day Shift
- Department: Imag Pt Support
- Business Entity: Service Lines & Ops
- City: Los Angeles
- Job Category: Imaging
- Job Specialty: Diagnostic Imaging
- Position Type: Full-time
- Shift Length: 8 hour shift
- Shift Type: Day
Cedars-Sinai is an EEO employer. Cedars-Sinai does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of the race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, ancestry, physical or mental disability, legally protected medical condition (cancer-related or genetic characteristics or any genetic information), marital status, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, age (40 or older), military and/or veteran status or any other basis protected by federal or state law. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at Applicant_Accommodation@cshs.org and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.
Cedars-Sinai will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories, in accordance with the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring.
At Cedars-Sinai, we are dedicated to the safety, health and wellbeing of our patients and employees. This includes protecting our patients from communicable diseases, such as influenza (flu) and COVID-19. For this reason, we require that all new employees receive a flu vaccine based on the seasonal availability of flu vaccine (typically during September through April each year) as a condition of employment, and annually thereafter as a condition of continued employment, subject to medical exemption or religious accommodation. For the same reason, you may also be required to receive other vaccines such as COVID-19 as a condition of employment. Cedars-Sinai reserves the right to make modifications to its required list of vaccines as required by law and/or policy.Apply Now Apply Later
Hear From Our People
“Cedars-Sinai is an incredible place to work. Since I began working here, I have felt like I am making a difference in the care of many patients. Cedars-Sinai is at the forefront of so much new research and technology, and it is thrilling to come to work at a place where I get to challenge myself and constantly learn new things, while simultaneously working in a wonderful team environment with many other MRI technologists. I am proud to work at an organization with so many other talented individuals whose primary goal is to provide the absolute best care to our patients.”– Thomas Tetrick B.S.R.S CRT ARRT (R)(MR)(CT) MRI Technologist
“Working in the Imaging department with people that treat you like family after 25yrs of service is the best felling you can have…”– Liliana E. Gomez, Imaging Team Leader
“I love working at Cedar Sinai for many reasons. The management is great, and they always try to work toward employees and patients’ satisfaction. It’s a very well-organized hospital… [and] a challenging place, where every day is a learning day and you can grow more.”– Saeideh Hashemzadeh, MRI Technologist
Discover all the ways Cedars-Sinai appreciates your efforts.
Health and Wellness Programs