Grow your career at Cedars-Sinai!
The Enterprise Information Services (EIS) team at Cedars-Sinai understands that true clinical transformation and the optimization of a clinical information systems implementation is fueled through the alignment of the right people, processes, and technologies.
Why work here?
Beyond an outstanding benefit package and competitive salaries, we take pride in hiring the best, most committed employees. Our staff reflects the culturally and ethnically diverse community we serve. They are proof of our dedication to creating a multifaceted, inclusive environment that fuels innovation and the gold standard of patient care we strive for.
What will you be doing in this role:
Analyzes, evaluates, certifies, installs, diagnoses, corrects and verifies the performance of diagnostic imaging systems including, but not limited to, general radiographic rooms, portables, mammography, ultrasound, bone density, and supporting systems. Ensures regulatory compliance, assists in inventory management, and may serve as an advisor to other personnel on technical matters concerning diagnostic imaging equipment.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Works with Medical Physicists on accurate and aligned radiation outputs to ensure regulatory compliance and patient safety.
- Adjusts, calibrates, lubricates, performs operational verification, tests electronic safety, and other tasks to ensure efficient performance of diagnostic imaging systems.
- Performs periodic maintenance to ensure diagnostic imaging systems are functioning accurately, providing accurate information to clinicians, and is safe for use.
- Participates in pre-purchase of equipment and technology evaluations.
- Analyzes serviceability, reliability, and technical aspects of equipment.
- Schedules and documents work performed as advised by the department mandated by Hospital, Joint Commission, CMS, and other regulatory agencies.
- Verifies the completion of security analysis for new customer equipment.
- 5+ years’ experience in the repair, maintenance, troubleshooting and installation of diagnostic imaging systems preferred.
- Strong understanding of diagnostic imaging theory, principles of operation, and clinical application.
- Ability to analyze, isolate, and correct malfunctions of complex and sophisticated diagnostic imaging systems.
- Knowledge of substantive programs of diagnostic imaging management, such as periodic maintenance, accreditation standards, technology assessments, etc.
- Knowledge of diagnostic imaging systems and function of those systems in clinical application.
- Knowledge of human anatomy and physiology.
*Valid driver’s license required; variable travel requirements depending on primary site that may require use of personal vehicle.
Bachelor’s degree in Engineering Technology, Engineering, or related field. (preferred)
- Working Title: Imaging Equipment Specialist
- Department: Clinical Technology Services
- Business Entity: Corporate Services
- City: Los Angeles
- Job Category: Family & Function, Corporate Services
- Job Specialty: Information Technology
- Position Type: Full-time
- Shift Length: 10 hour shift
- Shift Type: Full-time
Cedars-Sinai is an EEO employer. Cedars-Sinai does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of the race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, ancestry, physical or mental disability, legally protected medical condition (cancer-related or genetic characteristics or any genetic information), marital status, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, age (40 or older), military and/or veteran status or any other basis protected by federal or state law. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at Applicant_Accommodation@cshs.org and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.
Cedars-Sinai will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories, in accordance with the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring.
At Cedars-Sinai, we are dedicated to the safety, health and wellbeing of our patients and employees. This includes protecting our patients from communicable diseases, such as influenza (flu). For this reason, we require that all new employees receive a flu vaccine based on the seasonal availability of flu vaccine (typically during September through March each year) as a condition of employment, and annually thereafter as a condition of continued employment.Apply NowApply Later